Home Forums General Blogs First Falklands post

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

In an earlier blog post, I talked about a new project: air battles over the Falkland Islands. It’s taken a bit, but the first post about the new project is finally online. Drop by and check it out at:
    https://mymodelsailingships.blogspot.com

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    Who maketh my spirit to shine
    --Warren Zevon

Participant

I’m getting a “blog doesn’t exist” page when I click on the link?

Death to all fanatics!

Participant

Me too – and a note saying the name is available to register.

Keymaster
    Participant

That deck looks really good to me.  A bit clean, but nicely done sir! In the past, when I have had to do lines like this, I bought a GundamPen and used the Tamiya masking tape (comes in a 1/8″ roll too!) to make the lines uber straight.  It’s work, but comes out great.

Looking forwards to seeing more!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Mike,

Thank you for catching that.  I’ve edited the original post so that the address is now correct.  I guess that’s what happens when you don’t post anything to Ye Olde Blogge for a couple of months! 🙄🤬

Darby,

I have some of that type of masking tape, but after screwing it up the first time, I wasn’t even about to try using it.  I do like the way the decals turned out, but I will agree with you about the flight deck being too clean!  That’s why I want to eventually put some deck gear and aircraft/helicopters on it to try and hide that a bit.

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Participant

A little black light wash here and there and you’re set.  Can’t wait to see some AARs!  I’ve played the Flames Above The Falklands game from Tumbling Dice, but haven’t had a go with CY6!JA in forever.  I just know it’s going to be good!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

OK, you’re clearly going to make me admit this embarrassing part of my life.  This one time, at band camp. . .(no, wait.  Wrong embarrassing part).

THIS is the embarrassing part I meant:  I’ve never been good with washes.  They either come out too light, or WAY too heavy.  I realize that it’s almost impossible to make a carrier flight deck look too dirty.  At the same time though, I’m afraid of going the way too heavy route and having to redo the whole thing yet again.  To be honest,  I’m not sure that redoing the deck would happen if I screwed it up again.

BWW

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.