Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games Historical FiveCore Company Command – Supplements

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ve had FiveCore Company Command (FCCC) in my library for far longer than I care to admit, but for whatever reason I’ve completely overlooked it until now.

What products or supplements are available to expand on the FCCC rules? I’ve heard good things about a more detailed vehicle fire-power system in the Field Guide, and the NWG Battlepack 1 seems relevant?

I’m using FCCC for an ultra-modern Middle East Imagi-Nation in the midst of a civil war. This setting allows for multiple factions both for domestic forces involved in the Civil War, but peace-keepers, scheming foreign super-powers, peace keepers and neighbours seizing the initiative for their own misguided reasons.

I appreciate any assistance or guidance you can offer.

Cheers,

Splod

Keymaster

I can’t help but welcome back!

Participant

Thanks Mike. I got a bit distracted with education and a career change, so wargaming went on the back foot.

But I’m back! Although that Master’s program looks mighty tempting…

Participant

Hi Splod,

I’m a bit late to the party here but you don’t seem to have had any other replies yet so maybe mine will still be useful to you.

In a nutshell, I don’t think that Ivan has produced any supplements for these rules. That said I really don’t think that you’ll need anything more than the rulebook itself.

The book is packed with all the stuff you might possibly need that I can think of, in addition to the core rules. That includes things like a random force generator, a scenario generator, heck even a war generator. Then there are a bunch of supplementary rules to tweak the game. I’d definitely take the rules out for a test drive first and see what you think.

Regarding the “more detailed vehicle fire-power system in the Field Guide”, I’ve never found any need to go beyond the basic vehicle combat rules which are really elegant.

I use 5CCC to run a very similar imaginations campaign to the one you’re envisaging, though mine is set in post-colonial Africa in the early 60s. The rules as written work perfectly for that. In that campaign I also use the FiveCore Skirmish Evolved rules for the squad level actions. They’re great too.

Whatever you end up doing I’m sure the rules will give you an enjoyable game. Don’t forget to post some batreps.

Regards, Chris

Participant

Cheers, I missed this message sorry.

The book is meant to be pretty thorough on its own, but I am working through it right now to update it. Step 1 is updating the clarity and fixing a few quirks, step 2 will be expanding the features.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.