Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Freezing snow (burning sands)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi I’ve just joined and wanted to post straight away lol.

I’ve had an idea of doing a couple of scenarios for burning sands set around REH’s the frost giant’s daughter. Now I’ve read the tale and the dark horse comics adaptation for some inspiration.

The hero will start off in a little warband of viking-esk warriors (blonde haired) fighting other viking-esk warriors (red haired) in the first chapter.

Raiding with Ragnar I’m thinking is a great name lol.

Second chapter the hero finds himself alone in the snowy tundra after receiving a bump to the head and seeing a vision of a pale and scantly clad maiden. He gives chase only to run afowl of her two bothers the frost giant’s! He fights and slays them both before the girl vanishes from sight in a frightening way……

Participant

If you want to use 15 mm and Crom’s Anvil it would lend it’s self to this.

Participant

Well I’ve sourced what I need from Copplestone, splintered light, alternative armies and Essex miniatures!

Participant

Sounds like a plan.  Where does it go from there?  What do you think you will use as Frost Giant stats?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Keymaster

Cool. (No pun intended)
    However, what are your plans around figure basing. Will you make them snowy?

Participant

Welcome.

Sounds intriguing, looking forward to seeing more.

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Yes I’m going to do snowy bases, a little slate too maybe for rocks.</p>

Participant

Tbh not sure yet as I’ve not sat down and had a proper read of the rules as yet lol

Participant

Sounds really good – the Frost Giant’s daughter is a great source – Njal and Olav wait brooding in the mists! ……

will look forward to hearing more about this project!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.