Home Forums General PC and Console Gaming Hardest fight so far with the new AI in DCS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Not really sure I should win any of these fights.

But it was 5 good hard fights.

I’m particularly happy the last round.

I’m surprised that sidewinder hit on the first fight.
    I like the brief over the canopy view on the last fight.
    What model of sidewinders are on the F-14? What I’ve see so far of your DCS flying the enemy aways pop flare when they turn, is the Su-27 not popping flares or did it not have any?

With the new AI looking prety good, maybe do a 3x F-14 vs 6x F-5 now? Visual ROE only.

F14 has AIM-9L and M.

I’ve used the L in the previous vidoes as the MiG and other F14 I used the L, so you need more “skill” to hit and get a lock.

But the Su27 doesn’t have the R60M that the 29A has only the R73 which is a much more capable missle, so in this video I gave the F14 AIM-9 M. To make it equal.

The Su27 was probably out of flares.

I have thought of F14 vs F5.

Also thought of F5 vs F5 or F5 vs MiG21.

3x F-14 vs 6x F-5 was for the Top Gun refight.

Weird the Mig-29 doesn’t carry R73
    Also weird Su-27 ran out of flares so soom
    Seem like a big jump in capability between Aim9L and M

3x F-14 vs 6x F-5 was for the Top Gun refight. Weird the Mig-29 doesn’t carry R73 Also weird Su-27 ran out of flares so soom Seem like a big jump in capability between Aim9L and M

I don’t remember if the 29A can use the 73, the C model can. But I choose the worst missile possible to make the dogfight as close quarters as possible.

I’ve made the mission, I haven’t flown it yet. But I think there will be a lot of grown up language.  Having run through it with just AI the F14s gets annihilated in half a minute.

I guess Top Gun was fictinal afterall.
    I’m guessing AI doesn’t have anyhting like formation flying and wingman defending each other?

• I guess Top Gun was fictinal afterall. I’m guessing AI doesn’t have anyhting like formation flying and wingman defending each other?

They have formations,  but not during combat. You as a pilot can ask your AI wingman to watch your back(with some random success) but there doesn’t appear to be any AI logic for AI to cover AI.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.