Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy One Hour Wargame rules for Fantasy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello, I am thinking to try the One Hour Wargame rules for fantasy battles, using one of the historical settings (ancient dark age medieval) or a combination of them; did anybody do the same? What could be added to represent wizards, beasts and heroes? Thank you

Participant

Checkout the blog “war in a box” for an excellent series of articles on using OHW to play a fantasy campaign with Warren’s kids.  They just used the rules straight more or less with the visuals changing.  That is where I would start, then ask do you need a new unit to capture the feel of your fantasy setting or can a hero/beast be a single model or two on a base having the same strength as a dozen men

For wizards maybe you could just use a version of the artillery rules from the later periods or heal an adjacent unit; heroes re-roll a set number of dice each turn; beasts ignore terrain penalties or regenerate a set number of hits each turn.  I’d keep it simple, and only add a unit or two for each side.

Participant

There are few fantasy versions over on the [email protected] generic to WHFB.

I would use a combination of the dark age and medieval rules with wizards represented as either a shooter (fire balls and the like) or can heal nearby units (D6 hits removed) as you have suggested.

Tally-Ho! Check out my blog at…..
    http://steelcitywargaming.wordpress.com/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.