Home Forums General PC and Console Gaming P-47 destroying Germans in 1945

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Testing out some new scripting in the mission editor to prolong ground combat vs ground combat. time consuming work but it did work, also all warbirds in DCS got new pew pew sounds and the P47’s sounds awesome.

I like your commentary about not being a WWII fighter pilot. It’s enjoyable listening to you talk when you fly.

P-47
    Do you think the gunsight is positioned low? Maybe I’m just too used to moden HUD.
    You play in VR, do you have to duck down to get a good view?

I like your commentary about not being a WWII fighter pilot. It’s enjoyable listening to you talk when you fly. P-47 Do you think the gunsight is positioned low? Maybe I’m just too used to moden HUD. You play in VR, do you have to duck down to get a good view?

I generally adjust (recenter) vr view so I don’t duck down too much. But some ducking there is.

It also occurred to me P-47 might have a higher cockpit like how they raised F4U cocpit to look over the nose.

That might be, generally the Jug was a giant fighter. With many pilots feelings lost in the cockpit as it was so big. And on average those that flew both preferred the P51. Smaller, felt more snug,  generally easier to fly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.