Home Forums WWII Photo Posting Test

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

This is a short message I’m posting to see if I have figured out how to post photos. If it works I’ll post more tomorrow evening, if it doesn’t I’ll have to go back to the drawing board.

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Right, having read the instructions by Mike on how to post these photos, I’m gonna have another go at them.  So fingers crossed…

The German light cruiser Nurnberg entering harbour with the assistance of some tugs.

This is the latest addition to my fleet. Seen here from the starboard bow, I had her painted in a scheme very similar to the famous Baltic Camouflage Paint Scheme but without the black & white stripes.

Not being a very good painter myself I had this Neptun model painted by a modelling and painting service in Middlesbrough.

To see more of their work, check out their Facebook page at: Mac’s Models

Ships already in harbour include from top to bottom: Prinz Eugen (heavy cruiser), Schlesien (pre-dreadnought), Deutchland (pocket battleship) & Schleswig-Holstein (pre-dreadnought & sister to Schlesien).

The Schleswig-Holstein earned her fifteen minutes of fame when at exactly 4.47am on 1 September 1939, her guns shelled a Polish garrison in Danzig – the first shots of WW2 had been fired…

The German supply ship Altmark, famous for supporting the Admiral Graf Spee, and in February 1940 for the “Altmark Incident” in a Norwegian Fjord.  On 30 November 1942, an accidental explosion in Yokohama, Japan blew the ship (renamed Uckermark) out of the water,  and sank the German armed raider Thor and an Australian passenger liner Nankin which the raider had captured.

A flotilla of four Z Class destroyers.

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Participant

Nicely done. Thanks for sharing.

Sink meh!

Participant

Ok here’s my picture test: HMS Naiad from 1940 in 1:2400

Participant

I see…..ships!

Your tests seem to have worked, gentlemen……

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.