Home Forums WWII Rules for Dad’s Army

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  alan 16 hours, 7 minutes ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

alan
    Participant

Any suggestions for suitable rules?  In particular, I would like to have some provision for “encouraging” figures to surrender rather than shoot it out to the last man in scenarios such as trying to round up downed Luftwaffe crew.

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

I ain’t been shot mum?

Link.

Doug Melville
    Participant

Any suggestions for suitable rules? In particular, I would like to have some provision for “encouraging” figures to surrender rather than shoot it out to the last man in scenarios such as trying to round up downed Luftwaffe crew.

What scale of engagement are you talking about? If it’s platoon, then Chain of Command with tweaks, for squad based, I would be using something like the Ganesha Games ‘Flying Lead’. Any larger than platoon level wouldn’t seem right.

jeffers
    Participant

Have a look for a simple set based on the Survivors TV series. I think I got mine from the Wargames Illustrated website. They are designed to make you capture enemies to increase the size of your group, so you could adapt them to capture downed Nazis. The problem with standard WW2 rules is that they are not generally designed for teatime sitcoms! But you can easily say an effective ‘hit’ is suppression, or if Jones wins a melee the Hun are just throwing their hands up at the sight of his bayonet (+2 for Jonesy in melee because they don’t like it up’em).

Buck Surdu
    Participant

I’ll make a shameless plug for Combat Patrol(TM): WWII (http://www.bucksurdu.com/Buck_Surdu/Combat_Patrol.html). The Web page has lots of freebies and a bunch of how-to videos.

I have used these rules for several Sea Lion games with the Home Guard one the last year.  Here are some links:

http://bucksurdu.com/blog/?p=8119

Sea Lion Begins

Operation Sea Lion with Combat Patrol(TM): WWII

Combat Patrol(TM) in Little Basely by the Sea

The rules are designed for a player to command one or two squads (sections), but experienced players can command more.

• This reply was modified 18 hours, 7 minutes ago by  Buck Surdu.
    Krieghund
    Krieghund
    Participant

Pulp Alley might be worth a look.

alan
    Participant

Many thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.