Home Forums WWII Victrix 12mm tanks and infantry

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The bug bit me. I decided to redo my 1/72 Crossfire eastern Front set in 12mm Victrix, details  here.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Participant

It’s great that you’ve gotten this project moving!  Changing scales can be very cathartic, yet also quite a pain.  I am told that momentum is the key.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Actually, painting the little guys with basic colors and wash is going really quickly. The heavy weapons sprues are more than half done, another 80 or so figures per side. I think basing them will take more time than the painting.

Participant

The Victrix stuff is absolutely lovely and the range seems to be expanding pretty regularly.

Participant

A couple companies of Soviet infantry with some MGs, mortars, FOs, and T-34s can be found here.

Participant

And now a couple Crossfire companies of German infantry here.

Participant

Victrix are excellent models! Wanting to support the offerings in this scale (1/144th) Armies in Miniature will soon be releasing offerings that Victrix has not yet done. We hope that by taking this approach, all fans of this scale will have more offerings to augment their historical WWII forces with. I am attaching some pics of some of our production pieces for you to see the quality we have been striving for. Our sole, worldwide distributor is Dark Horse Hobbies (darkhorsehobbies.com) in the USA. We will soon have our initial stock on hand and ready for sale. Our main focus is Western Desert. Many of our initial offerings can do double duty for other theatres like France 1940, Barbarossa, Italy, etc. Indeed many can be used throughout WWII. Hope my painting is acceptable as samples.

PzKfw III G

Participant

SdKfz 250/3

Participant

SdKfz 250/3

Participant

SAS Jeep and LRDG Chevy Truck

Participant

….Western Desert may be our main focus- but not our only one. Eventually we will branch out.

SU-100 1/144th scale

Participant

Jeeps and more

Participant

Towed Soviet AT guns? :^)

Participant

Hi, Vincent. We are holding off on doing towed arty until we can find a sculptor to do the crews with. Towed AT guns play a pretty big role in the North African campaign. When we do we will be sure to offer towed and deployed versions. I’ve been digging out my DAK, 8th Army and US GFI Minifigs for arty crews. They are close enough for my games until I can find some in scale. (Might be forced to snag the extra crews out of the Victrix packs.)

When you are just starting up with a new range in WWII there are sooooo many choices to focus on and finding sources that can provide items of quality to reproduce. All with limited funds. Like a kid in a candy store, “I want it all and now!”

Participant

It’s never too late to have a happy childhood

Participant

I like that!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.