Home Forums WWII Last game of 2017…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A few pics from our last game of 2017 – the third game in our Battlegroup Market-Garden campaign; this time Company H from the 502nd PIR try to move into Best.

A full parachute rifle company up against a reinforced infantry platoon that was further reinforced by a second platoon as the game went on.

The game went all the US way, even with two planes arriving to help out, but somehow the Germans clung on. The US Battle Rating was finally broken by a stray round from one of their own mortars that took out one of their own MG teams!

Its now 2 – 1 to the US Airborne in the campaign…

Participant

Fantastic table and models!

Keymaster

Fantastic table and models!

Indeed, always a pleasure to see, you have been missed of late?
    Everything ok dude?

Participant

An excellent display of fine wargaming to end the year, thanks for sharing.

Participant

inspiring, as always. hanks for another year of excellent eye candy.

Participant

Apart from the high end modelling, the game has a railway and roads/hedges that don’t parallel the table edges!!

6mm France 1940

http://les1940.blogspot.co.uk/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/386297688467965/

Keymaster

Apart from the high end modelling, the game has a railway and roads/hedges that don’t parallel the table edges!!

Good innit.

Participant

Piers I have no idea how else to get in touch, but every time I try and reset my password for The Guild website I never actually recieve an email to reset my password. I have tried re-registering and my email is definitely correct. There seems to be no way to contact the admins on that site either so I am resorting to this. Any way you can help?

Participant

It looks like the ‘clump foliage’ sold by Woodlands Scenics & the like. Very useful for bushes & ground cover. Probably easier to get hold of than lichen these days too. https://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/category/Clump-Foliage

Participant

Love the terrain.

Where there is fire, we will carry gasoline

Participant

Piers I have no idea how else to get in touch, but every time I try and reset my password for The Guild website I never actually recieve an email to reset my password. I have tried re-registering and my email is definitely correct. There seems to be no way to contact the admins on that site either so I am resorting to this. Any way you can help?

I can manually change your password on The Guild if you let me know your username.

Participant

Yes, in the past year, I’ve read on a modeller forum that one of the keys to nice dioramas is not to have things parallel to the sides. 🙂 I figured it would apply to wargames too! And clearly that’s correct; good god, Piers, this is “flocking” gorgeous – please note the double/triple entendre there! 🙂 I always love looking at Piers’s vehicles (even if they are based, LOL – I can’t resist the poke, sorry), figures and scenery, this is no exception. EDIT: Hopefully Piers sees this or perhaps someone else can answer – what is the really lovely looking “bush type” material being used? It’s especially prevalent in the last picture around the front of the 105. I would normally use lichen for this sort of thing, but this material is particularly effective and I’d like to buy a bale or two of it. 🙂

It is indeed clump foliage used in model railways. I just have a big box of it that I scatter liberally everywhere!

And those tanks aint based… 😉

Participant

I can manually change your password on The Guild if you let me know your username.

My username over there is also Thuseld. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.