Home Forums General PC and Console Gaming A4 Skyhawk “wild weasel” mission

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

With a new toy, I made Guam into “Vietnam”  My Wingman flies high to attract the SAM missiles. Which I can then locate the SAM site And fire my Shreik missiles, drop my bombs and use my guns on.

Everything in this mission is free, the base game is free, the A4 is free and fantastic, and the mission editor is the full package, nothing had to be bought extra to make this mission.

I also finally got to use my Simshaker pad in a propper mission, a butt and back seat you put in your chair, and vibrates based on inputs from the game, from a low constant vibration of the engine to lots of shaking when you fire of your guns or you hit the wires on the aircraft carrier as you land or you are staling.

Aren’t you supposed to fly higher to launch the shrikes?

All you need now is a rig that roll in all axis, and an actual aircraft cockpit.

This takes me bact to the ArmA days, flying a littlebird, marking targets with smoke rockets for my friends to bomb.

Yes I think official doctrine was a few thousand feet and more or less lob the missile from like 10+ miles. But I wanted a down and dirty look and to avoid making it very obvious it’s a rather small island. Where like 10% of it is taken up by a big ass airfield. And another 10% is taken up by a luxury resort with a giant golf  course.

I know most people use the caucasus map for “Vietnam” there used to be a big mod that Vietnamised caucasus map. Looked decent. But sadly not updated so not compatible with the current version of the game.

It works well for Korea stuff tho.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.