Home Forums Ancients Building Ancients armies … for Fighting 15’s !

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

As regular listeners to the Madaxeman.com Podcast will know, Andy of “Podcast Quiz” fame is a longtime friend of Ian at UK manufacturer and retailer Fighting 15’s
    Through that connection I recently had a request from Ian to see if I could help him in drawing up some ADLG army lists for some of the Gladiator Games range of 15mm ancients figures he now produces, so he could then use those lists as the basis for discounted, ready-made army packs.

The parameters were simple, yet intriguing – construct a viable ADLG list using some of the Gladiator Games ranges using at most 128 “figures” (as in, mounted count as 2 figures, foot count as as 1 each), … and also make sure that the army featured the right multiples of figures so that they could also work reasonably well as starter packs for unit-based rulesets other than ADLG.

It was an interesting challenge which piqued my curiosity – and if the end result was going to be that ancients gamers (whatever their preferred ruleset) would have an option to buy some decent figures at lower cost and with less wasteage, what was not to like ?!

More details of this intriguing project, together with links to the army lists I came up with, and to the finished army packs on the F15’s website are now all posted on the Madaxeman Blog: https://madaxemandotcom.blogspot.com/2021/03/cooking-up-adlg-lists-for-fighting-15s.html

Roman LH Bowmen

You can:
    - see more of this rubbish at www.madaxeman.com
    - Listen to the Madaxeman Podcast on any Podcast platform
    - Follow Madaxeman on Twitter @Madaxeman

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.