Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century Jung-Wolfenbüttel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Well, say hello to the battalion from hell! My Nemesis.

This unit is singlehandedly the fault why I stopped doing my SYW project for 6 months.

I had trucked away at my SYW project, having done several units of cavalry and decided my infantry need to be painted. I had done 12 of these and based them, I was almost done with the next six when I realized I had f’ed up. I had painted them as Jung-Wolfenbüttel but I realized I had painted the turnbacks red, and I thought, no problem I’ll just do them as Keiser instead they have the same uniform.

BUT NOOO, Keiser has white cross straps, Jung-Wolfenbüttel have natural leather. The life was drained from me. I did not want to take those 12 of the base, and so I gave up. put those 6 in a box and did other stuff. Now I started on them again and decided to just ignore the wrongness and just finish them so I can get on it my project. I finished the 6 and started on the last 6.

Then I decided I wasn’t satisfied with the basing scheme, I originally planned on just doing Might and Reason, so two bases of 12, but I’m drawn more to Honours of war and games like that, So I did rip those 12 of the base, and once I had done that I thought I might as well repaint the turnbacks.

Just to make the experience complete, as I did the last 6 yesterday the power went out.(3rd time in a week) and it was out for 7 hours.

So in the end of 6 months, a battalion of Jung-Wolfenbüttel is complete and in the correct uniform…… Figures are Minden and flags are Maverick Models.

We all know The battle of Leuthen was fought in 200 meter deep snow.

Participant

Excellent post, wonderfully painted Fife and Drum figures.

Do you visit this forum

http://fifeanddrumminis.proboards.com/

http://altefritz.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/join-fife-drum-minis-forum.html

Thanks!

Jupp, I’ve been there almost since it started up.

Participant

They look dern spiffy!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.