Home Forums General PC and Console Gaming Old, old, incredibly old-school jet.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

After flying around in the A4, I got the taste for some old-school  jet stuff. So I got the F86F Sabre. I kinda wanted the MiG15, but it doesn’t have a designated Korea campaign.

So F86 it was with its puny  6x .50 cal.

I also got the Hunters over the Yula, a well made campaign set in 53 in Korea. There isn’t a designated Korea map, so the Caucasus map is used. I guess close enough,  it has mountains and snow.

This is from the first mission,  doing close air support for some embattled marines.

Going through the start procedure (easiest in DCS so far) taking off, flying to the target getting lost, finding the target,  doing some ineffectual bombing.  Returning home, having forgotten to turn on the pitlot heater, so I lost my speedometer and having to do my very first landing in this plane! And without speedometer. That was a bit more stressful then I had hoped for.

Keymaster

It is very impressive looking it has to be said.

It is, and ofcourse I’m using VR, so I use far lower settings then what you can push in regular flat screen.

I can probably play everything on MAX if I don’t use VR. But in VR I have it on maybe 85% of max.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.