Home Forums Air and Sea Air Welcome to the air forum

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

This is the forum for posting about gaming that takes to the skies, such as dogfighting and so on.

Participant

I’d love to jump in on this, but since my attempts to raise issues on the Game Design forum have met with crickets I assume there’s no interest in my shoving them into a new venue.

That said, I’m happy to see this, and will certainly participate.

Participant

Taka-taka-taka-taka-taka……..!

Inactive

Back after a long absence, excited that there is a place that recognizes that we Airedales exist (of my three other common haunts, one does – temporally spread over several subforums – with {too?} many sub sub forums , one pretty much lumps land/air/sea historical games into a mix of temporal and geographic sub forums with no real logical design even if they think they are being logical, and one organizes games by the themes of the rule they write [sports, pulp, SF, broad historical time periods.]).

Might have ate to spend more time here in the future.

Might have ate to spend more time here in the future

Please do, feel free to drag your pals along too!

๐Ÿ™‚

Participant

It’d great if we had period subforums for air

– biplanes

– interwar

– WW2

– 1946 – Early Jet Age

– Indo/Pakistan – Arab Wars

– Vietnam.

– Bangladesh – Iran/Iraq

– Late Cold War –ย  Ultramodern

Participant

Highly unlikely that we will see subforums. It is a topic we have chatted about under other areas and most folks want to keep it as is. I wouldn’t mind a few more generic subforums, like breaking down the musket period into 18th and 19th Centuries, but what you seek is far more detailed than that and highly unlikely.

That being said, here is my blog with my Check Your 6! projects:

Ambushed in the Alley

Buckeye Six Actual
    https://checkingmy6.blogspot.com/

Keymaster

Indeed, unlike other places TWW uses TAGS.

TAGs are kind of like an advanced search, simply post in the forum and you can TAG your post with the specific periods/genres and people can search for posts by TAG.

Otherwise we could end up with 500+ forums some with little or no content.
    An example. WWII, we already have a WWII forum so could it go there?
    It could go into a WWII Air child forum, but what if people only check the parent forum, what if people are happy to subscribe to the parent AIR forum, but don’t want to have to subscribe to all the child forums, they will miss the topic.

Have a look around, make use of the TAGs and the Subscribe to forum and topic and hopefully that will win you over.

Besides with lots of child forums, it would be like Facebook, which has the main site and scores of separate groups that quite often just post the same stuff.
    I see too much classification as a divisive action, rather than one that units people under a shared interest.

PS: Thanks for joining, hope I have not put you off being part of this great community!ย  ๐Ÿ˜€

Participant

More boards. Lovely.

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

Veering a bit off topic: I like the elegance of tagging but it is SO free form there is a complete lack of standardization. For example I may tag a post in this forum as ‘Mig Alley’ or ‘Korean Air War’. Someone else may tag ‘Sabres!’ etc. In a less used forum, such as the ‘Air’ forum, this isn’t a problem because it is easy to scan all the posts–frankly, tagging doesn’t add much here. However, on a widely used forum the free-form nature of tagging can lead to tag anarchy where closely related posts may have completely unrelated tags. So it’s difficult to use tags to find related posts.

Blogger has a nice feature where you can see the previously used tags as you create a post thereby helping to tame the tag anarchy by encouraging tag re-use. Is there maybe a plug-in for TWW that would provide that same functionality?

Self taught, persistently behind the times, never up to date. AKA ~ jeff
    More verbosity: http://petiteguerre.blogspot.com/

Keymaster

Is there maybe a plug-in for TWW that would provide that same functionality?

I shall investigate, don’t forget the good old fashioned forum search too!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.