Home Forums Ancients Chalons 451 AD: Re-themed and Re-fought

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I had a go this morning at refighting Chalons using the DBA rules, from a scenario published in Miniature Wargames 11, re-setting it in the first century BC with Roman and Gallic armies: link

picture

The use of broad troop types in DBA really facilitates this kind of re-theming.

Participant

Yes, the battle of Chalons was run at a Society of Ancients event back in 2013, here was our version of it
    http://3vwargames.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/chalons-final-battle.html
    Quite tough to find out any details about it but it does look in the real-life battle that the Ostrogoths were ordered to take the hill and were beaten and routed, which forced the rest of the Hunnic army to withdraw.

Justin Taylor
    Owner of Veni Vidi Vici

Participant

Thanks for the link, I enjoyed reading the posts

Nice report.  To the point of numbers, I suspect the battle was probably somewhere around 45,000-50,000 troops per side.  We are ushering in the “Dark Ages” here and the support system just doesn’t exist for armies much bigger than those.

John

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

--Abraham Lincoln

Cool idea and nice report. Might have to ‘retheme’ a few scenarios myself, actually. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.