Home Forums General General Guess the figure competition part 2 (still no prizes)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Minifigs have recently posted loads of new pictures of their 15mm ranges on their website.  However, the photographs seem to have been chosen to show the figures in the worst light possible and I’m starting to think someone is taking the piss.

Anyone want to take a guess at what this is supposed to be?

Dog sled with a lacross stick on it?

Participant

I have a good idea but this is a youth friendly site.

Participant

However, the photographs seem to have been chosen to show the figures in the worst light possible 

I have yet to see a decent photo of their figures on Minifigs site.

That thing appears to be a 4 wheel wagon, upside down, with the axletree and shaft poked in the locating hole for the rear axle.

This is what it should look like(ish)

What do I win? 🙂

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

Not Connard for the win.  Congratulations you win a prize of your choice (which you will have to purchase and pay for yourself)

The picture is on the Minifigs website to illustrate item 1CE a 15mm Colonial Mule Wagon.  http://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk/Catalogue.aspx?ScaleID=2&CategoryID=13&SubCategoryID=88

They seem to have decided that it will help sales if they leave most of the parts out of the picture and put it together to look like a grav sled for their old 1970s science fiction range.

This is what it should look like:

The above image is from the Keep Wargaming site where they manage to produce clear images and detailed descriptions of every model they sell.  http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Keep-and-WRG/_i.html?rt=nc&_sid=96142197&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_sop=10&_sc=1

Why are Minifigs going out of their way to make their stuff look crap?  Is it a new marketing technique?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.