Home Forums Alternate History Imagi-Nations Napoleonic Imaginations?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Has anyone ever done them and, if so, how?

I generlly run my historic games on the understanding that they are occurring in a universe just next door. This excuses any small historical inaccuracies. In this sense, my Napoleonic set-up could be qualified as an “Imaginantion”.

But I’m interested in hearing if anyone has ever done a REAL imagination for the 1800-1815 period, along the lines of the fascinating SYW stuff we normally see.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Keymaster

Like you my Napoleonics was pretty much almost than actual.
    The forces were real and painted as such, but the battles were totally made up.

Not much help, but at least you know you are not alone!

Participant

I would like to, I’ve been collecting Trent Miniatures for the purpose.

Beware The Gray Ghost

Yes

We have done some local games that were imaginations but using Napoleonic troops. It was basically the same type what you would see in the SYW themed nations but simply using 1808 troops. It was a lot of fun – roleplay, intrigue and battles galore.

http://rechburg.blogspot.co.nz/p/history-of-rechburg.html

Sadly it ended as our friend (and main instigator) passed away suddenly.

Cheers

Participant

There was a really good series in some of the earlier war-game magazines Military Modeling / Battle I think, about a French invasion of England 1804 -1810.  Well worth a read to give you Napoleonic imaginations ideas.

Spectator

I’m contemplating building the army of a hypothetical breakaway Ottoman Sultanate called the Auspicious League of Thrace-our-Mother, located primarily in the Balkans, Greece and Crete with Moldavia, Wallachia and Transylvania as full partners. In aj state of traditional but fundamentally narcoleptic war with Austria its crazy quilt army exists mostly to contest Napoleon in Southern Italy, Sicily and the Polish zone.

Lagartija Mike

Participant

Wowzer I have Ottoman Turks for that period and earlier. I don’t have any enemy’s for them. I guess I could use them for The Sultanate of Ifat.

Spectator

Kyote, what range are you using for the Ottomans?

Participant

Essex, Falcon(out of buissness) some Minifigs. others I don’t remember. I did them 20 years ago. for DBM DBN  with some fan lists. If my camera likes my computer I’ll post some pics on my Facebook.

Participant

Pics posted on my Facebook.

Participant

I just ran a fictional linked scenario campaign using my normal Napoleonic stuff, which seemed to work fine.

Cheers

Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Participant

I am working on a solo project which has elements of Napoleonic imaginations to it, although the countries involved are based on real territories – more of a what-if really. Here’s a link to the thread in the Napoleonic forum where I discussed it.

http://www.thewargameswebsite.com/forums/topic/imaginary-countries/.

I am in the process of setting up a blog at the moment.

Spectator

Ian, checked out the thread. Building a French Restoration army never crossed my mind before but now….. I liked your idea of Napoleon relegated to king of a second class power; interesting to extrapolate its military and…incidentally…a great enemy for my Balkan sultanate.

Participant

Get yourself over to http://emperor-elector.blogspot.com.au/

Check out the blog roll, many have good ideas even the now defunct blogs are worth reading.

Also have a look at The Grand Duchy of Stollen, Stokes is a thoughtful gamer with many good ideas, in particular http://grandduchyofstollen.blogspot.com.au/p/guest-gallery.html

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
    Slowly Over A Low Flame

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.