Home Forums Modern Team Whiskey – Fulda Gap Batrep 4 Part II Reply To: Team Whiskey – Fulda Gap Batrep 4 Part II

Participant

Rod,

Alright man, now I know you’re just pulling my leg.  Are you saying you’re related to Dan Daly?  I didn’t know the man, but trust me, he wouldn’t have nuthin’ to do with no Canadians 😉  And yeah man, I’m familiar with Butler’s views on war, and his ‘coup.’  Nowadays I’m less into the political side, more into the battle and personal sides with my reading.  Which reminds me; if anybody out there is interested in WWII Pacific naval combat, I just finished “Neptune’s Inferno.”  I’m not particularly a naval guy, but let me say that this one of the best books I’ve ever read.  Not best naval books, one of the best books, period.  I’m now reading “Islands of Destiny,” which is pretty good as well, but Neptune’s Inferno was just fantastic, I couldn’t put it down.

Regarding Iwo Jima, I’ve got a bunch of photos.  Here’s one from my blog:

Of course that’s Suribachi in the foreground, with the (primary) invasion beaches at right.  I need to post some more pics from my Iwo Jima trips.  I don’t know if you saw this post or not: http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2014/05/for-my-buddies.html#comment-form

It’s got pics of Iraq and Afghanistan as well.  I bid you adieu, Professor Robertson-Daly. 😉

V/R,
Jack