Home Forums Fantasy Burning Sands Crom’s Anvil – 15mm Fantasy

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 2,391 total)
  • Author
    Participant

From an architectural point of view: what’ s the point of the wood that is exposed?  Is it to show that the building is of timber structure with stone or mud brick and plaster infill?  If so then that’d be a “yes” on showing verticals, but they’d be best shown at the corners for sure and in the middle if the span of the beam is long.  If it has stone walls that are load bearing there’d be no point in showing a band of wood at an intermediate point vertically anywhere on the wall.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Arrrgh now I want to make a gate and a whole courtyard of stuff…

Participant

Placed a recent order, will place another to be sure once the new barbarians are released! So we have a pretty good snake cult wizard, any chance we’ll ever see a skull headed sorceror?

Bugger, I replied to this…  😐
    Or rather thought I had.

So the plan is:

Erland and Eydis as seen above.
    3 Turanian style city guard (being worked on now)

Then if I manage to sell my 6mm sci-fi collection I will use that to get 3 Black Kingdom style tribesmen done to go with the Shaman and Warrior.

Then after that….?

Participant

You need an archer, Subotai!

Participant

You need an archer, Subotai!

This!

Also, being a bit late to the party here but, those figures look awesome!

I wantses them…     I needses them…    they’ll be my precious….

Cheers,

Stroezie.

Participant

Thulsa Doom would be cool too of course.  Forgot about him.

Crazy witch in the cabin?

Keymaster

I wantses them…     I needses them…    they’ll be my precious….

Me too. However they seem to have been lost by the Royal Mail…

Participant

As someone who only games in the bigger scales I really have no right or call to add input into this. However, one of the biggest gaps I see in 15mm fantasy gaming is evil barbarian types: chaps with lots of horns, spikes…we all know the type – the kind of thing Red Box offers in the bigger scale. From my admittedly peripheral position, it seems this is a big gap; Arabian archers are easy. Not so sure Conan has the evil barbarian types easily at hand. This should be fixed.

Or one could always go up to 28mm!

Participant

I can’t seem to post pictures.

It seems like Crom’s Anvil is more Arabian in style.  Splintered light do some really nice Eastern men in 15mm

http://www.splinteredlightminis.com/menofeasw.html

I like these guys in 10mm

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/evil-men-fantasy-10mm-miniatures#/

Keymaster

I can’t seem to post pictures.

How big are the images?

Participant

I guess they are too big?  I’m not getting an error message, it appears as a lonely little box.

Other images work so that must have been it!

Participant

There is the first one, they have other packs as well (Splintered Light)

I also like these guys in 10mm:

wooohoooo the missing greens have arrived, curse you RM!!!

Quick pics as I pack them up for the casters:

So, now that I don’t have to use my reserves to get these re-sculpted I will move on with more tribesmen of Utuseb.
    Spears or Spears and Shields?

Participant

Separate shields? Otherwise just spears, it’s easier to add a shield than to remove one.

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

Participant

Agree, separate shields would be great!
    The completed greens look great, and very glad they arrived.

Participant

I like those much better than the coppelstone sculpts!

I did think about separate shields, but then looking at the figures I have which come with separate shields…
    They look all weird if you don’t put the shields on, the arms just look awkward..

Participant

They look even weirder if you’ve had to carve the shield off to use them.

Jus’ sayin’ 🙂

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Participant

Old Ben, who makes those 10mm chaps? Pendraken? They look good.

Participant

I’m not sure who makes them.  They were part of a Kickstarter that I believe failed.  I liked them because they reminded me of the Frazetta paintings.  If you type in “Evil Men 10mm” you can find the Kickstarter.

Keymaster

I’m not sure who makes them. They were part of a Kickstarter that I believe failed. I liked them because they reminded me of the Frazetta paintings. If you type in “Evil Men 10mm” you can find the Kickstarter.

Nice edit, I was about to unleash Erland on you!

😉

Participant

Mike wrote:

Nice edit, I was about to unleash Erland on you!

I here he’s awful busy at the casters anyways!

I didn’t read the post properly and started typing!

Participant

Those greens are simply excellent! I am anxious to see how they turn out as cast models, but already now they look like they are  a t   l e a s t  on the same level as Copplestone!

Participant

Too bad that kickstarter failed. They look really good, exactly what I’d be looking for if I were to do this in 15mm. Ah well…

Erlend and Eydiss are looking superb, by the way!

Participant

Those two look dangerous, in a good way! 🙂

Participant

I’m not sure who makes them. They were part of a Kickstarter that I believe failed. I liked them because they reminded me of the Frazetta paintings. If you type in “Evil Men 10mm” you can find the Kickstarter.

I did that and found the Laran miniatures range:  http://laranminiatures.bigcartel.com/category/evil-men-miniatures-10mm

Are they the same?

Going to cast up the walls later, I am assuming people would rather them be as they are:

as opposed to having little scenic bases on them?
    They are stable as they are and people can always stick them on lollipop sticks if they want to?

Participant

I did that and found the Laran miniatures range: http://laranminiatures.bigcartel.com/category/evil-men-miniatures-10mm Are they the same?

Yes, they’re the figures from the Kickstarter, as a backer who received his figures I can confirm that it succeeded! Lovely figures they are too. Slightly smaller than my GW stuff but once you’re looking at them from a yard or more away on table who cares!

If the Ringwra …. err … Hero on a Drake doesn’t have you itching to build Sauron’s army you have no soul 🙂

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Participant

Going to cast up the walls later, I am assuming people would rather them be as they are:

Yes, no bases is better than with bases.  You can always add a base, but it can be dern frustrating to remove one.

Participant

Hmmm. Mike H, would those Laran figures be too small to work with 15s, do you think. They are exactly what I was looking for in this scale.

I’ll add my vote, for what it’s worth, that the walls should be without bases.

Participant

Those pics on the website don’t really do the miniatures justice.  I may have to order some.

Participant

Hmmm. Mike H, would those Laran figures be too small to work with 15s, do you think. They are exactly what I was looking for in this scale. I’ll add my vote, for what it’s worth, that the walls should be without bases.

The Laran figures are what I’d describe as “true” 10mm scale rather than the 11-12mm that seems increasingly common. Given that most 15mm are nearer 18m these days I think the Laran figures would be dwarfed by 15s.

Clearly the answer is to abandon 15mm altogether, come over to the side of the angels and do everything in 10mm scale 🙂

Black Gate … Copplestone … Pendraken … Polar Fox … Warmonger … go on! you know you want to!! 😀 😀 😀

Keymaster

Clearly the answer is to abandon 15mm altogether, come over to the side of the angels and do everything in 10mm scale

Does that mean you will bugger off to your own 10mm topic then rather than polluting the 15mm goodness that is here?

😀

Participant

Hmmm. Mike H, would those Laran figures be too small to work with 15s, do you think. They are exactly what I was looking for in this scale. I’ll add my vote, for what it’s worth, that the walls should be without bases.

The Laran figures are what I’d describe as “true” 10mm scale rather than the 11-12mm that seems increasingly common. Given that most 15mm are nearer 18m these days I think the Laran figures would be dwarfed by 15s. Clearly the answer is to abandon 15mm altogether, come over to the side of the angels and do everything in 10mm scale 🙂 Black Gate … Copplestone … Pendraken … Polar Fox … Warmonger … go on! you know you want to!! 😀 😀 😀

I have to admit those evil warriors make it tempting. But then I wouldn’t be able to use AB’s excellent buildings and other offerings. This is a quandary, no question. (Of course, I already have a collection in 28mm, which makes things even stickier. Will check out some of those 10mm companies, though!

Oh, and shhhh! There seems to be some scale hostility brewing. Watch yourself!

Participant

Clearly the answer is to abandon 15mm altogether, come over to the side of the angels and do everything in 10mm scale

Does that mean you will bugger off to your own 10mm topic then rather than polluting the 15mm goodness that is here? 😀

What? And miss out on updates about those rather nice 15mm figures you’re touting? 🙂

As I used to say to my children (to little avail to be honest),”Follow my instructions, not my example!”  😀

Participant

For you fellows that are looking Microworld Games has a very nice 15mm evil/chaos type army with more coming soon. Been on the “to order” list for quite awhile now.

For non Crom’s Anvil Conan inspired figures and so on, it may be worth noting the non company specific topic here, The Riddle of Steal

😉

Participant

For you fellows that are looking Microworld Games has a very nice 15mm evil/chaos type army with more coming soon. Been on the “to order” list for quite awhile now.

microworld has indeed some nice chaotic looking guys. Their on my to buy-list.

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 2,391 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.