Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi NewLeadhead PhD. First Game of the New Year : Legio Imperialis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Some quick thoughts and pictures at

https://newleadheadphd.blogspot.com/2024/01/first-game-of-new-year-legio-imperialis.html

With Respect

KTravlos

Participant

It does look like a nifty game.  You had fun?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Yes, though we only played two turns. I felt the forces were a bit big. But in general it was an easy game to follow, though we did have several reference material that help.

I tried a refused flank approach (my test for any big battle game is whether I can use refused flank or not), which has a 50% chance of netting me a win. I do think had we played longer I probably would had a close loss, as my weaker flank was getting hammered, and my strong flank was facing entrenched infantry. But any game were historical tactics are logical is a good game for me.

I am worried a bit about a potential grind in large infantry vs. infantry close combats as the logic is attritional (Which is good). The game also rewards attacking as any casualties inflicted on a enemy trigger a moral check and it is punishing to lose those.

Things do die fast.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.