Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Project Stratosphere Part Two

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Woods overrides the door lock and the team enter Bio-Holding. Their progress is halted by a small force fence. There seems to be more rooms beyond. Woods wastes no time in networking his laptop with the computer terminal. He accesses some very interesting info marked top secrete, he shows McCallum.

The Bio weapons
    : A-Generation weapon……..: Common name Red Back Razor Hounds.
    Highly aggressive attack hound which is stronger and faster than the common brown variety found on Mars. Can be easily trained to ensure obedience. Almost immune to small arms, but are very susceptible to fire and flame units.

Colonel Rain’s comments
    Easily trained, my arse. Three handlers injured in the past month and one killed. We had to shoot one of these damn things as it ran across the Marian Plains with its handler’s leg in its mouth. Took quite a few pellets to stop it too. However fire is very effective, has them whimpering like puppies.

: B-Generation weapon…..: common name Munchers.
    Capable of consuming organic matter for messy battle field clean ups.
    Can be controlled through a personal pulse emitter or PPE. To stimulant brain function and thus insure co-operation. Can be stopped with the use of small arms and fire, but difficult. Has an inhuman capacity for pain.

Colonel Rain’s comments
    Having a PPE means the Muncher doesn’t associate you as food! Except I once saw one guy’s PPE malfunction. The Muncher instantly turned on him. Lucky for him it only managed to eat his assault rifle. These things eat anything! Not just organic! It then choked to death: stupid animal.

C-Generation weapon….: common name Stricken.
    Stricken occurs when a human host is infected with a Drill Worm. Leading to complete loss of all sanity. Subject becomes highly aggressive and attacks without provocation, very unpredictable. Like B-generation can be stopped with the use of small arms. Also has a very high capacity for pain.

Colonel Rain’s comments
    Oh yeah, the freak show just gets better!

D-Generation weapon…..: common name not yet assigned
    Classified

Colonel Rain’s comments
    You got to be kidding me! I’m not taking that out on a field test!
    “I knew it! This place is a bloody bio weapon facility!” He says

“How could they of built this place without us knowing. I mean all structures on Mars have to be registered, right?”. Says Daniels.

“This place used to be a core re-sequencing station. That was left derelict after an accident. So Bio-Tech quietly takes it over without anyone knowing?”

Woods takes down the small force fence and the team move uneasy into a narrow passage. Woods continues playing on this laptop, giving a walking commentary.

“Cell 1, Red Back Razor Hounds. Cell 3……ooooh we have Munchers….Aren’t they cute?”

“Just make sure those force fences stay up” Snaps McCallum.

“Hello, who’s there? Can you get me out of here?” comes a voice from further down.

They carry on and stop outside cell 2. A man stares out through the force fence. Dressed in a white lab coat, in his early fifties. He looks like a typical lab techy, except for the 19th century six shooter. Hanging from his right side in a brown leather hoister. Woods disables the fence.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t Dr Frankenstein”. Scolds McCallum.

“Joseph, you’re alive. I was with David when all this happened. He said I would be safe in here and went to find you. He never came back”. Says Dr Hess.

“Right this is what’s going to happen. We are going to pay the D-generation a visit. And you Hess.” Says McCallum japing him with his Chayonet. “Are going to disable the containment status, so we can get out of here”. Hess shuffles uneasily.

“Um…sir” Says Woods looking at his laptop. “There seems to be someone else in this system”. As soon as Woods finished talking, the force fence in cell 1 drops. Within moments the Red Back Razor Hounds start to become aroused. The leader, followed sleepily by other others wonder out into the passage and block the squads exit.

“It wasn’t me!” Shieks Woods.

McCallum quickly takes in the scene. It wont be long before they fully awake and attack. McCallum runs through some options. They could just shoot, back up with Chayonets. Or all pile into cell 2 and rise the force fence. Or are there any better options?

Participant

Thanks for sharing these, I’m really enjoying the adventure so far!

Time for the flamethrower, then. The hounds are close together so now would seem a good opportunity to flambé them – assuming they’re in range.

And as for the PPEs, I believe McCallum is still carrying all of them so he might want to distribute them out amongst the group at his next convenience (hopefully before the munchers get out).

I really like the way you’re furnishing all the rooms with “props”. I have the same approach to gaming/modelling, and I love collecting and scratchbuilding all kinds of little props to make scenes come alive.

Come to think of it, would Woods be able to lower the force fence for cell 3? If so, another course of action might be to take shelter in cell 2 (raising the force fence there) and then set the munchers loose on the hounds so as to have the two species fight each other, assuming they’re not somehow engineered to view each other as friendlies. Then rely on either the flamethrower or the PPEs to neutralise the winning species, depending on which species that is. The only problem is, the mysterious third party hacking the system might lower the cell 2 force fence again before the fight between the hounds and munchers is over, unless Woods is able to combat that.

Maybe I’m overthinking it…

Participant

Good thinking there, I never thought of having the Hounds battle the Munchers. Not sure who would win, maybe the Munchers, it was food for thought. Sorry no pun intended there. Hold on for that thought though. The Munchers do have that use. Anyway we continue….

McCallum thinks fast “has them wimpering like puppies” he remembers the flame unit he took from the store room and quickly fumbles with it. Despite its small handheld size the flame was fierce and the Hounds reacted immediately. Running back into their cell and cowering in the corner. McCallum instructs Woods to raise the fence.

“That should hold them a while” he says

The group moves to the exit and McCallum hands out the PPEs. Both Joseph and Hess seem familiar with the devices.

“Sir, who ever lowered the fence for cell 1. It seemed to have originated from the D-gen lab”. Says Woods.

“There’s no one in there, its sealed” Remarks Hess.

“Well we’ll soon find out as that’s our next destination” Replies McCallum.

“Um Sir, I’ve just accessed the CCTV. It’s just come on”. Says Woods

“What? The CCTV shouldn’t be working while the complex is it lockdown”. Says Joseph

“Who’s this?” Says Woods, showing the rest of the group his laptop.

“Rain and his men, they’re here. That explains the CCTV, the containment is now lifted” Says Hess

“How?”

“Zale, Bio-Techs CEO. He has sent them and given them the master override codes”. Explains Hess

“The biggest question is what are they up to?” says Daniels.

“If they’re watching the same CCTV we are, they will know where we are?” says Woods

“No, Bio-Holding and D-gen lab aren’t covered by cameras. None of this side of the complex is”. Says Joseph.

“But it won’t take much to work out where we are not. He will know roughly where we are” Says McCallum.

They watch the ExSol mercs on the CCTV. They enter engineering and one merc seems to tinker with a security bot. While Rain and another enters the reactor room, they spend several minutes on the computer.

“I hope to hell they are not doing what I think they are doing? Says Hess out loud.

“Which is?” Asks Woods

“Starting a meltdown, we can access the computer in the D-gen lab. Its a master computer terminal and we should be able to access engineering and maybe stop them”. Says Hess, quite keenly.

“You don’t even know that’s what they are doing” snaps Denials.

They continue to watch. Another merc on the CCTV. He seems to enter the tube tunnel.

“Where’s he going?” Says Woods.

Then Colonel Rain turns to face the camera in the reactor room. He raises a gloved hand and slowly waves goodbye. The CCTV feed then goes dead.

With weapons at the ready the team enter the passageway. With Daniels and McCallum covering the rear Woods moves outside the door to the D-gen lab. He struggles to override the lock. Hess pushes him to one side and accesses it. They enter the room in text book fashion.

And there, standing right in front behind the plexi-glass, starring down at them….. The foreboding sight of the D-Generation!

More great scenery! Very inspiring!

Cliffhangers, though. Boo! 

Participant

You’ll be pleased to know the next and last part is up. I will have to use photobucket now, which I hate. But my free time has finished with imageshack. So will edit the conclusion with the necessary photos.

End of part two. So stay turned for the conclusion.

Some excellent use of bits and bobs, what is the centre pod unit made from, looks like some sort of paint pot holder?

Love the desks and chairs etc.
    The potted green plants are a great touch.
    Internal force walls, all brilliant uses of stuff in a new and interesting way.

Love the idea of Hess being a Dr in his white lab coat.
    So many cool things.

Participant

what is the centre pod unit made from, looks like some sort of paint pot holder?

The reactor you mean? The outer bit is the packaging from profiteroles. The ones which are stacked like a pyramid and thats the base. The bit in the centre of that which has the Yellow bit and the nuclear decal on it. Is the lid from a plastic pepper grinder.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.