Home Forums Modern 28mm Cold War to Modern Towed Guns?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What are my options for manufacturers for post WWII 28mm towed guns?

Looking for anything, howitzers, anti-tank, anti-aircraft, etc.

Thanks,

irishserb

Participant

We (Butlers’ Printed Models) make a few.

https://www.butlersprintedmodels.co.uk/

Participant

I picked up 2 of these from ebay this week.  They are diecast prepainted from the old USSR.  The legs spread and the gun elevates.  They’ll be part of my imagi-africa cold war games.  The same company makes BTRs and BRDMs in metal, usually for less than what you’d pay for a resin model.  I’m going to eventually repaint all of them but since I have unpainted minis these will remain in their original color.  Mighty durable for gaming.

Participant

I plan to use these in my post apocalypse gaming, and was surprised at how little I could find in the way of towed guns in the desired scale.

Then,  after I posted this, it occurred to me that a “true” 28mm sized gun may look undersized as the vehicles that I use in my post-apoc games range from 1/43-1/50 scale.  The scale may not be so important in a fanciful setting, but I didn’t want it to look too diminutive.   As it turns out, between this and the selection from BPM, I may pick up a couple different things, as BMP does a couple larger cannons and several AA guns in 1/48 and this is certainly a good looking model in 1/43.

I’ve got a couple of months before I need to get these, so it is nice to toss around some ideas relating to the options.

Many thanks for the replies.

irishserb

Participant

I did put together the 1/48 scale zsu23-2 from from ACE models with the intention of using it for my airfield but after finishing it I doubt I would get more of those.  The bits are really fragile, parts placement is spotty, and I had to watch a Polish youtube ad for their upgraded zsu23s to figure out what some parts were.  Once done it’s not a bad looking model but getting there is a bear in case that model ever comes up as something to use.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.