Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Aeronef – Martian fleets?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m doing some advance work for my 2021 project and have been bitten by the VSF bug!

In planning an Aeronef project built around the Brigade Models’ Aeronef range, I’ve decided to move the battles from a picturesque 19th Century Europe, to the barren Martian deserts. There’s plenty of opportunity for clashes between humanity, but I’m thinking I’d like to try human v Martian battles on the red planet.

Does anyone know any suitable sources for Martian/Alien Aeronef fleets in 1/1200 scale?

Cheers,

Splod

Participant

Not specifically, but there are some interesting options if you don’t mind doing a little repurposing.  For example, there are some very interesting shiplike vehicles from Onslaught’s “Stygian” range that might suit the purpose with a little modification.

You might also be able to source some of the old Eldar forces from Battlefleet Gothic.  Or there’s the fantasy naval line from Microworld Games which, with a little modding, might do the trick for a more steam-powered Martian adversary.

Participant

On the other hand, some of the supposed terrestrial powers in the Brigade aeronef line are somewhat baroque and could make a good alien fleet – the Scandinavians, or the Russians, for example.  They would imply a much higher level of Martian technological culture, perhaps exceeding that of an earth power.

Participant

This might also be somewhere to look:

https://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=airships

At one point a few years ago, Brigade Models stated they were intending to expand the Aeronef range with Martian airships “in the coming year” (not their exact words, but it was something like that). Obviously those never materialised, though I don’t blame them considering all the many projects they have ongoing in parallel. I still remain hopeful that they’ll get around to it someday.

Participant

Did Wessex Games ever produce their Martian aeronef? I remember using them in a game we ran (Salute maybe?) but don’t recall if they ever made it into production

Participant

Not specifically, but there are some interesting options if you don’t mind doing a little repurposing. For example, there are some very interesting shiplike vehicles from Onslaught’s “Stygian” range that might suit the purpose with a little modification.

I think you might be on to something there. I think most of their range are a similar size however, as they’re intended as Epic proxies… I’ll have a look over the range and see what jumps out at me. I think I may have some Eldar BFG lying around somewhere too which may suit?

At one point a few years ago, Brigade Models stated they were intending to expand the Aeronef range with Martian airships “in the coming year” (not their exact words, but it was something like that). Obviously those never materialised, though I don’t blame them considering all the many projects they have ongoing in parallel. I still remain hopeful that they’ll get around to it someday.

There’s definitely nothing in their current range, and I haven’t found any mention on their blog or various forums. Funnily enough googling for terms like ‘Brigade’, ‘Aeronef’ and ‘Martian’ brings up this topic on TWW as the first response But I agree with you about the parallel projects. They seem to constantly be pumping out a wide variety of kit for nearly their entire catalogue. There’s very little going unloved on their web-store.

Did Wessex Games ever produce their Martian aeronef? I remember using them in a game we ran (Salute maybe?) but don’t recall if they ever made it into production

Not that I’ve seen. I’ll happily be proven wrong however?

Participant

Didn’t GDW or FASA produce some Martian sky ship models to go with the “Cloudships of Mars” game? I think they show up on Ebay occasionally.

The tree of Life is self pruning.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.