Home Forums WWII Can you identify the manufacturer(s)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I recently bought a number of 20mm WWII Germans from eBay.  The photos above are some of them.  Please ignore the paint job, I’ve no idea what it is supposed to be.  Anyway, I’ve tried to identify the manufacturer of these figures by trawling the various websites but without success.  To me at least some of them have the look of AB about them, well proportioned and posed, but I can’t see them listed.  Does anyone recognise them?

Thanks in anticipation.

Play is what makes life bearable - Michael Rosen

Participant

Drew’s Militia. Taken over by Battlefield Miniatures.

Drew’s had a vast catalogue of great figures that have nearly all disappeared  under Battlefield.

Participant

Thanks, that explains why I can’t find them anywhere.  A long time ago I bought some very nice Volkssturm and Hitler Youth figures from Drew’s Militia.  They’ve gone too.

Participant

Yes, I have some of those. Still in little drawers, organised into units but not yet painted………………….

Participant

Thise figures look like Luftwaffe Field Div uniformsu but painted a something else. Am I right in thinking a couple have captured Thompsons? They look like that in tge photos.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Participant

Thise figures look like Luftwaffe Field Div uniformsu but painted a something else. Am I right in thinking a couple have captured Thompsons? They look like that in tge photos.

Well spotted Martin.  I never noticed!  Two figures in the collection have Thompsons, and a third has what looks like a Sten, but with a forward pistol grip very near the end of the weapon.  Or the pistol grip could just be the way it’s been painted!  If anyone is interested that figure is in the middle photo, rear rank, third figure from the right.

Participant

I assume the pale olive colour comes from that famous photo of original uniforms from a somewhat ranty dealer, where about two of the jackets (out of 7 or 8) were anything remotely like feldgrau in colour.

Participant

I have no idea why they are the colours they are.  At first I thought they might be Finns, but it doesn’t matter because they’ll be repainted at some point.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.