Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Do I go green or sand

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m stuck!

While waiting for my block game forests to dry I hunted out a bit of the ruins (task 5/2 here) and decided to paint a piece up as a tester in a light brown / sandy colour rather than the more ‘traditional’ dark grey:

(Honest guv, it is light brown not grey)

But now I do not know what to do with the ground area – it is just small pin pricks in the resin with a little rubble and steep edges so static grass would be just wrong.

I had thought a Crusader suitable sand colour (looking towards a new place of gaming) or a fine flock in green to match the current 28mm fantasy figures but am honestly torn.

If I go green, I would want to ‘dirty up’ the ruins with a drip or two and green moss / ivy but sand would only get a little bit of dried plants / tufts on it.

Participant

Andrew

Personally, if I could do my ruins all over again, I’d go with the “sandy” color.

Something along these lines:

Though I would have the occasional block with variable undertones:

Dan
    Loads of WIPs: https://www.flickr.com/photos/9593487@N07/albums/with/72157710630529376

Participant

I’ll watch the videos tonight – thanks for that.

As for 50 shades of brown (almost missed a pun there), a few of the blocks are darker but I was struggling for colours. The blue in the 2nd videos thumbnail looks nice – I can always retrofit 🙂

Participant

I agree with the above – brown bases are more universal and will blend in better than green ones. I base all my figures in brown with a little green on top, and it works way better than the reverse I have found. It’s the same for scenery in my experience.

Participant

Sand, with a few weeds & grasses growing unless it’s a desert setting. Weeds get everywhere…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.