Home Forums Renaissance End of My ECW Campaign

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My ECW Campaign has ended in June 1644 with a convincing Royalist victory, after King Charles and Prince Rupert defeat Essex then take London by assault…

Many thanks to all for the kind comments I have had during the refight.

Participant

Awww! I was enjoying that!

(even if the wrong side won! Probably?)

Very enjoyable series of reports – where’s Black Tom when you need him? – and fascinating to see what happened to your revisions of the rules from the first go.

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to the 30 Years War any day now!

Participant

15 battles and a conclusion.  Good show!  Normally we reckon six or eight battles is all a club will manage for a campaign but if you are going solo then perhaps it is easier.

30 Years War is one we are looking at after doing our next ECW; given the 1618-1648 time span, we think there will be room for a 400th Anniversary Campaign.

www.olivercromwell.org; www.battlefieldstrust.com
    6mm wargames group: [email protected]; 2mm wargames group: [email protected]

Participant

Many thanks both.

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to the 30 Years War any day now!

Ha! That may be a bit too soon…but I will be doing at least some preliminary work on it this year with regard to troops and rules.

15 battles and a conclusion. Good show! Normally we reckon six or eight battles is all a club will manage for a campaign but if you are going solo then perhaps it is easier.

Yes, it probably is a deal easier.  I managed to do 25 battles in my Peninsular War refight too, so as long as you don’t put too much pressure on yourself, it seems to work okay as a solo player.  In both campaigns. although they finished at an appropriate point, I wasn’t looking for either campaign to end – I would have been quite pleased if Essex had pulled off victory in that last battle and saved London!  But both campaigns got to a point where it was clear to me that one side had to win.  Unlike in history, I feel no necessity to try and fight on to the last man in vain hope of a miracle…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.