Home Forums General General Eureka Miniatures Russians??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

From Aussie- anyone seen painted units/ army of their 1799 Revolutionary Wars range of Russians, in particular… Ive scoured blogs n wotnot and havent found anyone- who’s playing with them or bought them!?

Theres a guy who detailed his Tyrolean units very well, nice but not the same range.

Thanks -d

Participant

This help any? Claims to be Eureka 1799 Russians.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Participant

This help any? Claims to be Eureka 1799 Russians.

Nope!
    But thanks Mike. I know what they look like (those from their site…) but I’m interested to see what other modellers have done with them.
    The figures show bold detail relief on some and I’m wondering what greater mortals than me have achieved.

My sketchy sample painting isn’t much so far-

thanks

Participant

A few here:

Carryings on up the Dale

Carryings on up the Dale 2

I think there are more on this blog- not easy to find – try searching Eureka Russian on the site itself.

Participant

A few here: Carryings on up the Dale Carryings on up the Dale 2 I think there are more on this blog- not easy to find – try searching Eureka Russian on the site itself.

Thanks Guy!
    Bloody obvious now but I didnt search the era, merely the figure maker… hence I guess my dearth of results!
    Yes those are the Russians I’ve ‘sampled’ and recognise many of the figures (including a battalion of jaeger)- the same unit if Im not mistaken by facings I already have.

Colin Ashtons greatcoated men are neatly shaded with outlines etc. and look good. Not so keen on gloss varnish but thats just me. I’m hoping dry brushing will do most of the work for me with a bit of ‘whitening’ of belts to suffice.

The Piedmontese figures are very nice too!

I’ve got a hodge-podge coming soon- cossacks to fit in (the Hinchliffe models are end-of-life really); more musketeers and yet more of all guns to round out the ‘coalition’ army opposing my French.

My thanks again… d

Participant

You’re very welcome.

They are lovely figures aren’t they? I’m trying to remind myself that I gave up 25/28mm Revolutionary/Napoleonic figures years ago.

Which is a shame as I want them and Nic Robson’s such a good bloke.

Participant

Which is a shame as I want them and Nic Robson’s such a good bloke.

Hey you speak Aussie!!
    Yes like I said in the 90’s “I’ll never do Russians”- partly based on the rather biased prose about them at the time… seems now they were very different and thats part of why I need some to support the Kaiserliks.

While ‘national characteristics’ have been used rather punitively, while having a skerrick of truth, they were not all encompassing…

cheers again
    dave (nz)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.