Home Forums General PC and Console Gaming Il2 just doesn’t hold up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I wanted to play with the spitfire again, but I wanted to wait until I  build my spitfire stick and throttle.

So I decided to go back to IL2 and fly the spitfire there.

But after close to 100 hours in DCS, IL2 just doesn’t do it, it’s less realistic,  doesn’t have the right feel, the graphics and especially the sounds just can’t reach DCS to the knees.

So I’ll have to wait until my brother in law prints the parts for the spitfire stuff. I’ve ordered the internals.

Participant

That is the curse of “high horsepower”.  Once you’ve done top-line stuff it’s ever so hard to go back.  Do yourself a favor: never drive a suprecar and never take a ride in a WW2 warbird, as life will lose it’s shine.  (I had to stop skydiving and riding motorcycles as the rest of life was becoming unbearably dull by comparison, which of course could have lead to all sorts of major problems if not death from risky adventures)

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

I’m quite timid in real life. I would love to fly in a two seater Spit, in theory.  I doubt I would do it if I had the chance.

I tried to take motorcycle licence once. But I almost craped my pants as the 650cc thing flew forward.

I never got it above 55kmt, but the acceleration up to 55, almost gave me a heart attack.

Which is strange as when I was 14 or 15. I sat on the back of a bike my bother had borrowed.  As we shot up the highway. I think in the 2 hours drive we were never under 150kmt and probably topped 250 on the straights.

Participant

You were doing it right: start slow and build confidence, especially with motorcycles.  They don’t behave exactly like bicycles so for some it takes a little time.  Give it another try though, for me it is a joyous feeling, a lot like freedom.  And as for flying in a 2-seat Spit… DOOOOO IIIIIIIIT!  It is a total thrill!  I’ve been up in a few bombers and believe it or not it feels very different from an sort of passenger plane.  That might partly be mental due to the surrounding, but is mostly due to the noise and vibrations.  Very “wing and a prayer”.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.