Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi AB's 6mm sci-fi topic

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 480 total)
  • Author

Looking very good, any idea when these will be available?

Probably next week, technically I could sell them sooner, but with the school holidays, getting it painted, photographed and on the website this week is unlikely…

Lieutenant Francis of the Crimson Alliance fought and held bunker Zero Two against an unprecedented attack of the stricken.
    On the 14th day of the attack, their ammo and food had long been exhausted, he led his troops out into a ferocious melee.
    Francis was the sole survivor of that terrible onslaught.
    He attributes his survival to his understanding that he was already dead, and as such was able to operate without any fear.

Despite that, Francis has never been the same since.

Participant

Cool, so how long were you painting all those Stricken for? I’ve had enough painting figures after the second!

Participant

Very nice Michael and great to see a mass of Stricken

The stricken took longer than I cared for but not as long as may be expected…

Junker Jetbikes…

I have a rough idea in my head for a Junker jetbike, it is kind of like an engine with a seat, exhaust pipes and a gun.
    I wasn’t sure how best to describe it, so I made a very crude mock up..

What do you reckon?
    Obviously the final product will be tidier, it is just a rough idea.

I will be looking at getting this done soon, along with some Junker hovertanks I am working on..

ok. so moving on…

๐Ÿ˜›

Big base (white) or small base (painted)?

The big base will not be plain but will have a few bits and bobs on it, supplies and stuff, nothing major.
    Oh and some muddy ground texture.

Participant

Sorry that I missed this first time round, but those Junker jet bikes get a big thumbs up from me. Slowly catching up on stuff after a hectic few weeks at work.

So…

Things in the pipeline:

The K.at Hovertanks.
    The above fortification.
    The below oddness.

Participant

Not sure about Dolly the hybrid cow, but the others are pretty cool, especially the robots

Participant

I too missed the Junker Jetbikes – having caught up with this thread, have to say the concept looks great – particularly the ‘hot rod’ look of the exhaust pipes down the sides…….

I would vote for the larger fortification base – more to play with – especially if it has some extra bits n bobs on it…..

The Juracow thing is just wrong on so many levels……… (Shudder)………But the stables are looking great.

Finally, the robots are stupendous! More of those please! ย – would love to see a set of those released.

First resin test casts, looks good.

Participant

They do look good. Nice and crisp

Participant

They look very VERY good! Nice, sharp details! Looks like it would take customization well, too.

Participant

Very crisp, they look ace! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks dudes.

The turrets have been posted to the caster and once done I will get them on the site.
    No idea when that will be though.

Can’t wait to add stowage and aerials, and crud!!

So the RDF are grey as they want to be seen and it is a kind of dull UN type colour scheme idea.
    But the CA aren’t that daft, what colour for these?

Participant

I see them in either a deep reddish brown or german WW2 desert yellow.

I was thinking some sort of sand / khaki myself.
    Will try that I think.

Though black with hot rod flames coming from the front licking up the side would amuse me.

Participant

You could definitely have a character vehicle with flames leading a squad of regular tanks..

Like a bitchin’ patton-analogue of Kometenmelodie ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh, and I am getting a tank commander with a beard and goggles and a tendency to bark sculpted!

So, the RDF have quite a decent selection of vehicles and infantry.
    The JI will have by the time the K.at Hovertanks come out.
    The BPI have nothing, but I have deliberately done that so you can use whatever figures you like for them. Brigade maybe?

What next, more RDF and Junkers?
    Some small township factions?
    Maybe a Stonehaven Militia?
    Badland ‘warbands’ ?

KR 16 is geared toward skirmish, so I am thinking more choice of small groups, rather than a small choice of big groups…

Participant

I like the idea of a new ‘faction’ to give more choice to the players. A ‘militia’ force defending their local township/settlement sounds good to me, but I would also like to have an Angel Barracks produced BPI force.

Ta.

A while back when the OKI PentHabs came out some of the fluff was around an optional extra the inhabitants could get, a ground defence system.
    I sort of imagined it like a perimeter of sentry guns, a bit like the below.
    So I will be making it.
    (the below is just a rough knock up)

Plus the hex base will provide a nice secure anchor to attach the tower to, as on its own it is a bit precarious.

Participant

Seems like a good addition to the habs, nice visually and makes the piece easier to use to boot ๐Ÿ™‚

Participant

Took the plunge and ordered some of your stuff. How likely am I to be able to get the Serenity crew? Are they running out?

Thanks!

Serenity Crew?
    Drop me an e-mail if you want to discuss stock and or outstanding orders and what not.

๐Ÿ˜€

On a whim I added some dye to my last resin order, cos you know, livin’ the dream.

Here is the rock set with added brown dye and my new defence with the same dye.

Participant

Email sent. I am slowly getting around all of the 6mm producers out there, but limited funds make it a slow process. Your miniatures are going to populate my world. Need more civilians and thugs/scoundrels/hired mobs.

e-mail received and reply sent.
    I also sent you an e-mail before you posted on here, could be stuck in your junk?

The little defence piece is done, well the test cast is done and painted.
    Will add to the site once the mould is fully cured.

Doing some work on the OKI Penthab Defence Grid.

Participant

Stop it! ย Stop it right now… ย I keep looking at your pictures and I can hear my bank account getting smaller.

Sneak peak at the sculpts of the RDF power armour.

Big armour that has a double barrelled machine gun on the sleeve and a shoulder mounted missile pod.

Fluff to follow…

Participant

WOW! Just WOW. I’ll need an army based around those guys for sure. So frickin’ cool.
    I love them, so Ma.K

๐Ÿ™‚

Glad you like them.

For me, the Brigade Models PA has always been the best out there, just so dunno, something about them.

Clearly I need my own range of PA but did not want to rush into it and then regret it later.
    So after much pondering around concept and design I settled on these.

They are of course very SF3D inspired, though not on a conscious level.
    I was describing my idea to Ali of Sayiner Micro Toys and he said they sound MAK.
    Not knowing what that was I looked into it, which is when I saw my designs were very close, so I tweaked them to be a bit closer, then discovered the hover tanks…

Anywho, glad you like them, they should be here in a few days then off to the casters, but could be a while before they are ready for sale..

๐Ÿ™

Participant

I also like to think they have a little 6-Commando flair to them.ย Which is to say, I love them!

Trying to think of what to call the suits, so far the top runners are:

Heavy
    Armored
    Rapid
    Deployment

Suits

Heavily
    Armed
    Direct
    Engagement
    Suits

Heavy
    Universal
    Large
    Kill

Suits

Ideas good peoples?

Participant

Z.K.R. Mk. III.

Just choose an acronym that looks cool and rolls of the tongue, and don’t ever bother to explain what it stands for. That’s my theory.

Participant

Acronyms are a good idea, militaries love their TLAs ๐Ÿ™‚

Participant

By the way, let me be clear that words cannot contain my enthusiasm for this new SF3D-like direction, especially the PA suits. They look superb and I can barely contain myself! They are, to put it simply, “pants-wettingly” awesome!

And incidentally, cheers to the character of the pose there: PA suits all too often come off with the “come at me, bro” open stance that looks a little too contrived for me. These look like actual suits with a guy inside them. I love them!

And incidentally, cheers to the character of the pose there: PA suits all too often come off with the โ€œcome at me, broโ€ open stance that looks a little too contrived for me. These look like actual suits with a guy inside them. I love them!

Ta very much, I wanted an action pose and a standing around pose.
    The standing around is you know, just a guy standing around, the action pose is the arm up with the legs slightly braced for the recoil pose.

๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 480 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.