Home Forums Modern NEiS options to test out

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Figured you lot might do me a solid and test this out.

Group moves:

A leader may issue a group move as one activation point.

To be issued a group order, two or three soldiers must be within 1″ of each other. The group move lets the group move with only one activation point.

Select a destination and move the first figure, resolving any reaction fire as normal. The other two figures must move to destinations within 1″ of the intended destination of the first figure.

Once initiated, a group move cannot be aborted. All nominated figures must move.

Group moving figures are keeping their heads down and additional activation points must be spent to take any shots as normal.

Participant

That will certainly make it a lot easier to keep fire teams or sections/squads together.

I can see the advantages of this kind of movement, and the need to use activation points to shoot means you would need to balance the need to move a group, or the need to put rounds down range, so that kind of balances things out.

I will have to try in in a game to see what effect, if any, it has on a game.

Participant

yeah, that’s the intention. I think it’ll work but I’d love to hear your thoughts.

I think its a good change. I’m happ for group moves to get formations into position as its usually the firing when the situation it all goes haywire.

Participant

Should be having a game tonight, will see if I can make use of it.

I also have a suggestion for an alternative rule regarding grenades. Instead of tracking the amount per-person, perhaps a squad ‘pool’ of grenades could be drawn from (if within X distance of the unit leader)? This way it could be tracked with a suitable dice or other numbered marker rather than working who has done what and checking off the rounds used.

This partly comes from my efforts to cram as much of a platoon roster onto a single page as I can manage, doing well so far.

Participant

Should be having a game tonight, will see if I can make use of it.
    <p data-wr_replaced=”true”>I also have a suggestion for an alternative rule regarding grenades. Instead of tracking the amount per-person, perhaps a squad ‘pool’ of grenades could be drawn from (if within X distance of the unit leader)? This way it could be tracked with a suitable dice or other numbered marker rather than working who has done what and checking off the rounds used.</p>
    <p data-wr_replaced=”true”>This partly comes from my efforts to cram as much of a platoon roster onto a single page as I can manage, doing well so far.</p>
    <p data-wr_replaced=”true”>

</p>
    <p data-wr_replaced=”true”>We often play that way so it should work just fine. In most cases, a squad won’t go through enough ammo to worry about it, except for RPG’s.</p>

Participant

Well, had the game and it came in a lot of use. Couple of questions did come up, can’t remember all of them right now but one was can it be used in combination with a rush move? And can it be used to do such things as move through windows to get in a building?

Participant

Good questions.

Yes, you can combine it with a rush move. Though with my dice rolling that’s just an efficient way to get even more men stuck 🙂

As far as windows and such, I’m inclined to say no but it could work either way. Mostly, in my mind, it’s more of a “deploy into position” type of deal while approaching the enemy.

Participant

If and when I ever get to game again I’ll give it a shot.

Participant

Can you use activations to un-pin figures in a group, then use the group activation to move all of those figures?  Kind of like telling them to get out of the area and in to cover.

Participant

Officially no. Unpin and thats all for that activation.

That being said I’m pretty certain it wouldnt break anything if you let them move without firing.

Participant

Another option suggested by a gentleman. (So you know, not one of you guys 🙂 )

A suppressing fire option.

1 activation point, up to 3 figures within 1″ of each other may fire but generating ONLY shock dice.

A little more hesitant on this one but if anyone is having a game in the immediate future, I’d love if you could try it out

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.