Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Okay, I’ve cracked

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A sneak peek at my next project………

I’m writing the story now. So hopefully in the next few weeks or so. I should be in a position to start the adventure! This is some of the scenery for the prologue. Along with the first three characters. I’ve already started ordering and squirreling stuff away for the first chapter too.

Keymaster

They look like the size tiddlywinks I use, which would make them 15mm figures?

Participant

Hum.

I assume I’m looking at a fantasy project, here. Some specific flavour of fantasy, though?

One feller looks like a barbarian, another like a… swashbuckler or thief? Can’t tell about the third one.

In any case, I approve 

Participant

Haha, I purposely kept the first post light on info. I know you eagle eyed lot like to suss stuff out. 15mm indeed, it took me a while and a lot of rubber necking at different manufacturers. Before I made up my mind on the scale. I knew I wanted to do a fantasy thing, but didn’t know what scale. Seems more choice in 15mm compared to 6mm. I fancied quite a few manufacturers in 28mm and almosted opted for that. But the size of the scenery might of been a problem. Impacting on the storage monster too much.

As for the three figures one is a knight from Alternative Armies Anti Paladin pack. One from Baueda’s Norman range and the other is from a Baueda’s field kitchen pack.

Oh, I was way off, then 

Participant

Where are the barricade/fence thingies from?

Participant

Those are Alternative Armies, townsfolk possessions barrcades/fences.

https://www.alternative-armies.com/collections/15mm-hob-fantasy-buildings/products/hot58-townsfolks-possessions-now-in-resin-40mm-frontage-480mm-frontage-per-pack

They are a little generic, so I’ve converted them. Just made a few minor changes to each one taking away that same generic design feel.

Participant

Thanks Greg

Participant

Looks like you’ve got a good start there!  Get it moving so we can enjoy it too!  🙂

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Nice! Now there is more fantasy goodness to keep an eye out for.

I like the AA minis, are those houses from them as well?

Participant

Alex; Yes they are and all the bits of scenery that’ll go with it are too.

I’ve ordered all the paint I will need. Hopefully anyway, £230 so quite a sizeable amount. I’m using up what paint I have. Just enough to allow me to paint the buildings. Also have another three orders are the way.

I’ve written the prologue so that’s ready to go and finished painting the fences. So I’m moving along quite well it😎

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.