Home Forums Modern Peter Pig 15mm Modern USMC – Temperate MARPAT

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All,

And here is the second post in my blogpost festival. These are Peter Pig 15mm Modern US Marines; I’m not exactly sure what I’m going to do with them with regards to gaming, but they will see the table sooner rather than later as I absolutely love these figures and I’ve got too many ideas for modern campaigns. Awhile back I painted up a few test figures: one in Temperate Marine Pattern (MARPAT) camouflage, one in Desert MARPAT, one in Arctic clothing, and one in Desert Tri-Color cammies with green gear and body armor. I solicited comments on the look of the camo… and received none, so I went with what I thought looked right, and so here we are, a platoon (roughly) of Marines in Temperate MARPAT.

The whole force, 23 Marines with various weapons and poses. I bought one set of each: standing rifle, kneeling rifle, signalling M-203, firing M-203, moving M-249, firing M-249, AT4, one of the leader packs, and a pack of Navy Corpsmen. I divided them into four equal groups (with a couple spares) and painted them up. I wish I’d bought more so I would have done larger platoons, but these will work. The concept I’m working with is a single platoon of Marines that I’ll follow through adventures in temperate, tropical, desert, and arctic climates.

To see close-ups of each pose, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2016/06/peter-pig-15mm-modern-usmc-temperate.html

Well, that’s all until tomorrow. Let me know what ya think, and I’ll keep working on writing up these batreps.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Not a fan of Peter Pig but you did a great job painting them.

Participant

Just Jack:

Your wee Marines look awesome, man! Well done, sir! The medic’s serum bag threw me for a surprise. Are they really bright baby-blue? I know you guys are Marines but I thought you had iron-based blood and not haemocyanin! Shouldn’t the bag be clear or slightly beige? That’s the colour I painted my Marine medics’ serum bags – beige with a hint of silver. Do I have to redo them?

Cheers and I look forward to seeing them in play!

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Blue is the new clear….

Participant

Kyoteblue:

Why so little love for the PP minis? You gaming kosher these days? What about the minis puts you off? I have lots of them and you can’t beat them for variety of poses and having that figure no one else does. I am curious why you dislike them. You have expressed this distaste on several occasions and I’m intrigued. Of course if it’s none of my business just tell me to bugger off! (Pardon my French!)

Cheers and let’s get those Cobras and Hinds finished.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

The owner of Peter Pig and I do not get along….dodgy T-55’s sold to Ifat some years ago…..working on Cobra number 2….

Participant

Thanks guys!

Regarding the Corpsman’s bag, honestly I didn’t know what color to paint it, so I used a light blue thinking it was the closest thing I might get to clear, and I didn’t worry about the blood itself (which always looked black to me in any case).

Kyote – I thought it was because he made fun of you for not using a credit card or something?

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Nope he blew me off when I told him the barrels of his T-55’s were cast on the wrong way round…Had to saw them off and drill new holes to get them right. When I contacted him he told me I was wrong and there was nothing wrong with them….later after others pointed out it was wrong he recast them the right way. Never got an apology…..Oh and I hate the open mouth, Jay Leno jaws the figures are sculpted with.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.