Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century Possible Project?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Had it in mind for a while for a George II project, so I’ve had these Warrior sample figures lying around for some time.  Paint ’em up and see; muskets are from Irregular.

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Participant

Saw these on your blog the other day George, lovely painted figures.  Warrior are one of my favourite figure manufactures, nice to see some painted. Here are some I finished the other week.  The muskets are a mixture Crann Tara, Redoubt and Perry plastics.  I have now sent off an order from Irregular for some of their muskets (I did not realise that they made them).

Royal Bavarian in French service circa 1740ish, Warrior Miniatures.

French light infantry circa 1760ish.  Warrior Miniatures, standard bear Crann Tara.

Casualty markers, Warrior Miniatures.

Participant

Thanks William, you’ve been busy too I see. I stumbled across the Irregular muskets by accident, they’re a bit big but everyone was 5 foot 3 back in those days, so…

I’ve been admiring Crann Tara at shows but they are 40mm, so no good to me as my existing opposition factions are 28mm.  Shame because they really are excellent.

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Participant

George Crann Tara are 25 / 28mm have a look at the light infantry above, they fit in nicely with RSM, Warrior and Irregular.  If I feel they look a bit small (as they are thin and slightly short compared to Irregular) I base them slightly higher.

Cran Tara with Elite.

Crann Tara with Hinchcliffe

Crann Tara with Warrior

Crann Tara with Irregular, Crann Tara is thin compared Irregular.

Crann Tara with old Front Rank (circa 1990).

Hope this give you an idea of scale George.

Participant

Wonder where I got that idea from?  Website even says 1/56.  Thanks for illustrations William.  That should solve the dragoon command, grenadier and artillery problems.  Anyway, it’s not going to happen anytime soon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.