Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi Psychics, Remote Viewers And Aliens, Oh My!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Would this make a good Sci-Fi game, set in the late 20th century?

FIGURES:  Small party of Bulgarian soldiers (or any former Eastern Bloc nationality, circa 1990), accompanied by a team of archaeologists, psychics and engineers.  Flames of War (Team Yankee?) might be a source for 15mm late 20th century Warsaw Pact troops, including East Germans*!  Also, individual sprues of 15mm Plastic Soldier Company Cold War Soviet soldiers are sometimes available on ebay.  Rebel Minis and The Scene have suitable figures for MIBs.

For the other belligerents, Greys and other “entities”, the Greys could be from Rebel Minis, Alternative Armies, etc.

TERRAIN:  A clearing surrounded by forests, and an excavation entrance.  The 1990s time setting could be extremely useful, specially if you need machinery, vehicles or other equipment, as they might be served by HO scale train diorama pieces.

The really challenging part will be replicating the “maze” of tunnels below ground.  The simplest solution to the tunnel challenge would be making several short sections of low textured cave walls that can be reconfigured as needed, using either magnets or some other “swivel” mechanism for the pieces.  Perhaps the D&D crowd might have a cheap solution:

RULES:  That’s always my weakest subject.  What would you pick based on the information already provided above?

Anything else I might have missed?  Either way I hope this can spark interest in trying something new, or in revisiting some old Sci-Fi gaming ideas set in more modern times.

* I think they have a metal 24-figure “platoon” of East Germans for $12 or so on ebay

Dan
    Loads of WIPs: https://www.flickr.com/photos/9593487@N07/albums/with/72157710630529376

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.