Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Sci Fi participation game idea one: Woody Allens Sleeper

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

One of my favorite movies of all time is Woody Allens dystopian sci fi comedy, Sleeper.

if you have not seen the movie, i really suggest you check it out, its not like his later, rather dull, relationship comedies.. This is satire aimed at the sci fi genre of the 60s.

Allen plays Miles Monroe, a new york city intellectual from the 60s who ran a health food store and played the clarinet in a ragtime band. Flash Gordon he is not(see game idea two)   He is cryogenically frozen in the hospital after complications from a routine surgery.  He is then unfrozen in the far future by doctors who are secretly part of a rebel underground. They want Miles, who has no identity in the future has he has not been barcoded and chipped like everyone else and can move freely about, to assassinate the Leader. In case you couldnt tell the leader is the tyrannical leader of the evil government, he had a very original name.

Miles doesnt really want to be involved in any of this and soon after the doctors are raided he makes good his escape and hijinks ensue.
    if i were to do this, I would not do the final assault on the leader, but the game would instead focus on the chase between the government forces and the rebels, both trying to find and hold Miles.

for Miles I would use the Khurasan miniatures New York Intellectual, and for the government forces and the rebels, i would likely turn to crooked dice. they had those old blakes seven figures(you can get them still just not from them) and the “not V” figures they have, with human heads, would make great government forces.

the really fun part here would be the terrain. In the movie Miles runs all over the future world. most of it is pretty rural, and they have “farms” that grow giant fruit, huge bananas, strawberries and giant chickens on leashes. All of this stuff would make for wonderful surprise encounters, along with other things like the robot butler, the orgazmatron(in the future,sex is machine assisted) and the pot orb

Participant

Do it!  (may want to leave the orgazmitron at home though, if teenagers get ahold of it you’ll never see it again!)

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

this one is never as popular as i would like lol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.