Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Strike Legion

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve just bought these rules (and the Skunk Works supplement) from WGV, they look very interesting especially when you combine them with the free “Spicy Sands” army lists from the website. So, does anyone here play them?

Also, how many supplements do you have to buy to get all the personnel attributes and traits, as there are some on the SS army lists that aren’t covered by the two I’ve already bought?

Participant

To answer my own question, I joined the SL failbook group and had a very brief chat with the author, to make the Spicy Sands lists work you’ll also need to buy “The Genome Gambit” as well as the “Skunk Works” supplement. All three downloads are on offer at the moment and can be had for under a fiver. And if you do download these books you will have acquired a LOT (think Battletech levels) of crunch for your cash 😉

I love you, if no-one else does!

Participant

There’s a lot to like about Strike Legion and its companion games. They’re very “granular” as you say, but still play very smoothly. The programmed learning thing is a bit hard for my brain to follow, and at some areas it seems to be so generic that it tries to do a bit too much. But if you have a strong concept of your game world in mind you can pick and choose the right parts from the kit and have a very well-rounded and functional game experience from SL and I have had a good set of games with it. The most recent expansion with superheavy vehicles and campaign rules is very appealing, though I haven’t given it a run through yet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.