Home Forums WWII 6mm Kiwis on road to Orsogna Dec 43

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Another I Ain’t Been Shot Mum 6mm game from last year. This scenario takes place as the 2nd New Zealand Div pushed west towards Orsogna, a battlegroup of the 18th Arm Rgt, 22nd Mot Bttn and some armored cars of the Divisional Cavalry made a feint along the Melone – Guardigrele road. The Germans are hard pressed and hoping to at least stall the Allied push with this small force of grenadiers and panzers. I played the defenders since they were mostly immobile and I was hoping that the terrain would keep the Kiwis at bay. Germans had only a reinforced platoon and a pair of PzIVs, and some artillery that never landed and the Allies had a company of infantry and 11 M4s. The mud was neutral.
    Link to full AAR:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/6mmgaming/albums/72177720312900468/with/53351910408

Mark

Participant

Mark Luther:

Outstanding terrain and minis. I very much enjoyed the photo array and many of the others you have posted on Flicker. So, how did the battle play out? I could not find any description of the struggle. Thanks for posting the piccies. They were game-inspiring eye-candy! I do 15mm and 6mm WWII gaming but your terrain is much better than what I use. I just finished a Canadian and Irish vs. German battle in Italy (the Battle of Cathedral Hill in November of last year. But time constraints and real-world obligations have blocked me from doing a big proper game since.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson

Participant

Hello Rod,

To get the AAR just click on the pictures   There is a description on those.  It went a bit worse than expected for the Germans in this game, but we both had fun.

Thanks,

Mark

Participant

So pretty!

The tree of Life is self pruning.

Participant

That is a really good looking game.  Man, those german FOs really messed up, they could have caused some chaos if the shells had arrived.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Your games are the one thing that make me want to remove all of my vehicles from their bases.

Stunning table as per usual.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.