Home Forums General PC and Console Gaming A decent Napoleonic computer game.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

As we all know, Napoleon total war isn’t  a very good game.

But last fall and this spring, a new version of Napoleonic total war 3 has come out, I didn’t know about it. I had been playing a very old version of the mod.

The mod improves massively almost everything, sadly the ai can not be fixed in any major way, it’s bad from a very basic way, and while some things can be fixed with the ai, the ai is fundamentally bad and those parts are locked away so moders can’t fix it.

But it’s still a much more enjoyable game,  at least if you’re fighting one of the major powers, that battles were far more challenging as Russia against France,  then they were as Britain vs Spain. (Poor useless Spanish)

Uniforms still aren’t correct for many units, but better then the original game.

The major differences in the mod is things are slowed down, more tactical,  infantry and cavalry (especially cavalry) get tired far faster, a single charge will leave them tired, this means you should bring them back to you lines for rest, heavy cavalry is particularly prone to this.

Hit rates are lower for muskets,  meaning longer firefights, and more tactical options.

So yeah it’s decent now.

So take a look.

http://ntw3.thelordz.org/

Participant

Been a few years since I played this, got tired of how easy it was to bait the AI into apocalyptic ambushes with skirmishers and sharpshooters.  Might have to break it out and give it a go again if this mod is the biz.  Thanks!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.