Home Forums Renaissance Billy Bones Royalist Army, 1643

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Went I went up to London in August, I got bit by the Pike & Shotte bug. I desperately wanted to buy a Warlord’s starter army, but when I realized the cost of it, and thought about the fact that it wouldn’t give me even one third of one army… for a rules set and period I had vever before played…. in a scale I hardly ever play in (28mm)…. Well, I had to admit that it was a Bad Idea.

When I got back to Brazil, however, the bug still hadn’t went away. I REALLY wanted to try out Pike & Shotte, as I’d never played Renaissance before and it had always appealed to me.

But what to do now? I certainly couldn’t justify spending 500 USD on a whim and there are, as of yet, no 3mm pike and shot armies. I guess I could try 2mm or 6mm… But what to do about the rules?

Then I found out two things:

1) Warlord Games is very sensibly selling a digital version of Pike & Shotte. Well, glory be! Mind you, I do think it is a bit expensive for what is essentially a PDF, but hey: it’s cheaper than overseas mail, by a long shot! And i won’t begrudge Warlord my hard earned reais they way I’d begrudge, oh, say, Games Workshop.

2) Billy Bones makes an excellent, funky set of paper ECW minatures. http://billybonesworkshop.co.uk/2.html

Well, that settled it.

For USD, I bought my Billy Bones figs and for another 50 USD, I bought a beige bedsheet and printed up masses of figures on thick manilla paper. You can see the inital results, below (more can be see here:, http://leadnobleed.blogspot.com.br/2014/10/billy-bones-paper-ecw-miniatures.html):

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Participant

What a brilliant idea, cheers for sharing this information Thaddeus.

Participant

I like that a lot. Off to the Paper Soldiers website to see what I can find….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.