Home Forums Horse and Musket General Horse and Musket game rule test with 5 actors

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

ok I have setup an unusual game to test the rules, there is the Cardinal seeking refuge with a priest in the church, there are a detachment of redcoats with orders to protect the church NOT the Cardinal, there are a group of prirates just came down river to capture the cardinal, there is a band of indians seeking anything they can get from the situation and will attack anyone, then there are two vampires who wish to kill any human

here are some shots

here are the rules I am playtesting

A Set Of simple fast Play rules for the age of Muskets, it has an unusual turn system

the game uses turns unusualy, whenever a double is thrown the turn flips to the other side.

movement has 3 ranges short Medium or Long, foot is short 6 inches, things like boats medium 12 inches, horses long 18inches. the player whoes turn it is can move upto 4 figs at a time but all 4 can suffer from any attack BUT each rolls seperatly on the results table. with the turn ststem you never know if your group can get big enough for an attack.

if a fig moves or fires any enemy fig in range may melee or fire . if in short range it may move to base contact to melee. you can only break out of melee by sufferring a free attack from every fig in contact, but if in short range you can move into melee.

reaction has 3 rounds the first is when a player whoes turn it is moves or fires it trigeres reaction fire or melee from the enemy, then the player may fire or melee.

you may move 4 figs together BUT if attacked they all suffer and roll seperatly on the results table

you can only attack one fig in any attack.

each attack uses the to hit table, you roll 2 D6s and add or subtract Modifiers and see if you have hit, if you hit you roll 1 D6 and apply the result from the attack result table

a wouned fig May fire but only move at a crawl 1inch

TO HIT TABLE (You Must roll equal or below to hit)

short medium long
    ———————————-
    musket 7 6 5
    pistol 6 2 –
    bow 8 2 –
    sword 8 – –
    knife 9 – –
    axe 8 – –

TP HIT MODIDIERS

Target in Cover + 3
    Target Armoued + 2
    Target Moving Fast + 2(targets are moving fast by default,by any attack triggered by the move)
    Attacker Moving Fast + 3
    Attacker has upto 4 figs supporting figs in short Range and in the attack + 1 for every fig, BUT if not using ranged weapons eg sword they all must be in base contact with the enemy(this Mod makes you stick with groups in your games like squads)
    if attacker is within short range of a Leader + 1
    if target is within short range of a Leader – 1

ATTACK RESULT TABLE

1 Dead
    2 Dead
    3 Wounded (a second wound kills a fig)
    4 Wounded (a second wound kills a fig)
    5 Graze
    6 Graze

NOTES
    you may voluntary pass a turn

boats are boarded and unboarded all figs in one go. this allows raids.

if you throw a double, you dont continue instead you imediatly pass the turn on
    a second wound kills a fig

wounded figs are layed down, dead figs are removed.

figs in short Range and in the attack + 1 for every fig, BUT if not using ranged weapons eg sword they all must be in base contact with the enemy(this Mod makes you stick with groups in your games like squads)

figs in range may melee or fire . if in short range it may move to base contact to melee. you can only break out of melee by sufferring a free attack from every fig in contact, but if in short range you can move into melee.

every time a fig contacts for melee the defender can attack(this means if 4 figs melee in a turn the defender can attack each as they make contack)

if a fig is in melee with more than one fig, it can only melee one in a turn.
    everytime a melee is started the other side gets to return attack

if a miniature is within 1 inch of cover its in cover , BUT when moving if your path takes you out of cover then you cannot get the cover bonus if attacked as you move

WW2 Mod

1 Dead
    2 Wounded and pinned(a second wound kills a fig)
    3 pinned
    4 Wounded and Suppressed(a second wound kills a fig)
    5 Suppressed
    6 Suppressed

a suppessed fig may not fire, it may only retreat. and use muskets and knives as main attacks on the tables.

if in range of a leader you may try a rally roll by rolling a D6 1,2, or 3 tou rally but 4, and 5 you remain suppressed a 6 and you refuse any orders in effect out of the fight

Participant

I started with the redcoats because they were waiting for trouble, I decided to create a kill zone for any pirate through the gate and adefensive line at the church.

1. I found first that if you dont move into LOS dice are not thrown so no turn handover.
    2. then I found with more than two enimies the turns have to rotate through all 5 actors

Participant

I sent 6 pirates underwater and as they got into cover they were fired upon by the defensive redcoats line, the redcoats had -11 added to the to hit but they were at medium range , but the pirates had move fast +2 and cover + 3 but they got hit, I lost 2 pirates and a 3rd wounded. it was obvious I could not assault, My next try will be to scale a wall.

Participant

I also need to add a rule for the vampires, threy are invisible untill in close contact, and they attack with fang knife

Participant

I figured I could use the Boats to storm the church , plus I can add 2 pirates that were guarding the boats. NEW RULE needed for boarding and disembarking boats. When a boat unloads it unloads all figs in one go. and when boarding too. the redcoats got one shot at each boat and wounded a pirate in each boat, but all the pirates are now in range to attack.

Participant

I have been -11 from the redcoats line attacks, this was an error they have to be in short range of each other to support an attack, but they could of fired twice sometimes so not to worry, but from this point on I will correct this in play

Participant

Ok the volleys from the pirates provokes return fire from the redcoats, many wounded , NEW RULE UPDARE , when a fig is wounded it can still fire the new rule is a second wound should kill it.

Participant

amended rules so far

A Set Of simple fast Play rules for the age of Muskets, it has an unusual turn system

the game uses turns unusualy, whenever a double is thrown the turn flips to the other side.

movement has 3 ranges short Medium or Long, foot is short 6 inches, things like boats medium 12 inches, horses long 18inches. the player whoes turn it is can move one fig at a time. with the turn ststem you never know if your group can get big enough for an attack.

if a fig moves or fires any enemy fig in range may melee or fire .

you may move two figs together BUT if attacked they both suffer the results

you can only attack one fig in any attack.

each attack uses the to hit table, you roll 2 D6s and add or subtract Modifiers and see if you have hit, if you hit you roll 1 D6 and apply the result from the attack result table

a wouned fig May fire but only move at a crawl 1inch

TO HIT TABLE (You Must roll equal or below to hit)

short medium long
    ———————————-
    musket 7 9 11
    pistol 6 10 –
    bow 8 10 –
    sword 8 – –
    knife 9 – –
    axe 8 – –

TP HIT MODIDIERS

Target in Cover + 3
    Target Armoued + 2
    Target Moving Fast + 2
    Attacker Moving Fast + 3
    Attacker has supporting figs in short Range and in the attack + 1 for every fig(this Mod makes you stick with groups in your games like squads)
    if attacker is within short range of a Leader + 1
    if target is within short range of a Leader – 1

ATTACK RESULT TABLE

1 Dead
    2 Dead
    5 Graze
    6 Graze

NOTES
    you may voluntary pass a turn
    boats are boarded and unboarded all figs in one go. this allows raids.
    if you throw a double, you dont continue instead you imediatly pass the turn on
    a second wound kills a fig
    wounded figs are layed down, dead figs are removed.

WW2 Mod

1 Dead
    2 Dead
    5 Suppressed
    6 Suppressed

a suppessed fig may not fire, it may only retreat. and use muskets and knives as main attacks on the tables.

if in range of a leader you may try a rally roll by rolling a D6 1,2, or 3 tou rally but 4, and 5 you remain suppressed a 6 and you refuse any orders in effect out of the fight

Participant

its now bad for the pirates, a double was thrown, so the turn progresses, it took awhile to roll a double this turn because I asumed the redcoats hit with a -11 but i should of still rolled, the red coats will move the other line to intercept the pirates, but right now its the indians turn

Participant

I am wondering to make a rule 3 figs can run together but they all suffer if attacked?

That game looked hectic. Very nice minis.

Participant

it was a scuffle alright, thanks. I think the rules are ok for solo for me anyway

Participant

Interesting ideas …and an unusual adventure and AAR, thanks.

http://www.argad-bzh.fr/argad/en.html
    https://www.anargader.net/

Participant

great fun taking pics as i play, glad its of interest thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.