Home Forums General General Hobby Shame / Hobby Perfection.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I like my hobby to be laid back, not competitive.
    There is pressure to be exceptional at everything, life, work, hobbies, all of it.

You don’t need to be the best painter, best strategist, best modeller, etc.
    You don’t need to be so good at your hobby that you can turn it into a business and make money.

Do it for the sake of it.

It’s perfectly ok not to be the best.

I like to think that most people here would appreciate anything you share which you have done, don’t be afraid to post what you have done, if people are mean about it, then that says more about them.
    (Besides you can always block/ignore them)

So please, do share with us what gaming stuff you are doing!!

Participant

Agree to a point.

What I dislike most are the ‘advertorials’ to push something that is, well lets be kind, from a bullish proponent, but doesnt fit my needs, conceptions or even eye candy interest.
    But of course, I’ve learnt not to give any view of dissent.

Participant

I used to strive for mediocrity, then I realised I wasn’t getting paid for playing with toy soldiers, and carried on being half-arsed.

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

That’s generous, you barely hit arsed at all Connard.

Participant

All of that is very well said, Mike.

So please, do share with us what gaming stuff you are doing!!

Umpiring/playing a Napoleonic campaign

Testing a WW2 ruleset through the medium of a ‘tribute’ (refighting the battles of another person’s campaign)

Playtesting a few Napoleonic scenarios

Umpiring Shadowrun

Putting the finishing touches to my ‘fanciful WSS’ armies, whilst I create and adapt (and play) more scenarios for them

Preparing a bunch of TYW battles

Aiming for a zero lead-mountain by October (hopefully without having to just bin everything unpainted on 30th September…)

Think those are the main things at the minute.

Keymaster

Thanks, I did not mean specifically here though. On the forum as a whole.  😀

Participant

The perhaps one thing age has taught me is that its good to sit down and think about why you do things, including hobbies. A lot of people think their goal ought to be instagram level minis, but their actual goal really is to just spend time doing something with their hands (or vice versa!)

I had hoped Id have learned more in a lifetime but thats it, that’s all I got 🙂

Participant

We, at the local ‘club’ are about to run some rather off the cuff multi-player rambles with archaic 60s-70s rules and ditto models as made/ used then. In accordance with recognition of 50+ years of existence…

First up 20mm/ 1-72 WWII armoured etc. so yes, our debased and poor teenage years modelling will be on show…

So well, we expect epithets aplenty… assuming anyone turns up that is__

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.