Home Forums General Films and TV Lost World TV series on Freevee

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just came across this 1999 series based on the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle tale of ‘modern Victorians’ stuck on a plateau with all the classic opponents.

So far I’m up to Series 1 Episode 8 and we have had:

• Dinosaurs (and yes – they taste like chicken)
    • Ape men
    • Head hunters
    • Druids
    • Natives similar to Aztecs
    • Lizardmen based on Romans
    • Giant bees
    • Shape shifters
    • Man eating plants

Not VSF so far really as electricity / steam has played a very very minor part and it’s a bit stereotypical (females in bikinis / never run out of bullets / folk speak English etc) but fun for a wet or hot evening and you need to quiet the mind.

Think Indy without tanks or planes…

I get the feeling pulp rules would fit well due to the guns but a few of the scenarios will fit into my Palaeo Diet games. In fact I’m beginning to think again that pulp rules are the answer to everything ๐Ÿ™‚

Not worked out why one episode has to be purchased / rented (well it’s Amazon after all) but the IMDb entry is here for the 60+ episodes and the Amazon U.K. link is here [Prime required]. There seems to be one advert per episode only so far (Ramsey Street of all things) – way better than YouTube at the mo.

Anyway – got to get back to find out how you cross an invisible ice bridge that’s on fire!

Keymaster

I have seen this series a number of times, it is simultaneously terrible and awesome!!

ENJOY!!

Keymaster

PS: It would make a cheese-tastic RPG.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.