Home Forums Modern My First Annual 15mm OG107 Rant

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve been going through my stuff, making a list of figs that I need to fill in the gaps, and after 31 years of waiting, I still can’t find 15mm US Cold War figs wearing OG107 uniforms.

This is the battle dress commonly referred to in the US as “fatigues”.

The largest western army of the Cold War war officially war this uniform for 37 years (1952-1989), spanning almost the entire Cold War era, sold or gave it to countless other nations, but can you find them in 15mm? Nope!!

Over three decades after I first got into the period, and I still cannot properly field a US army for the majority of the Cold War.

I’m beginning to give up hope.  Maybe I should find a new hobby.  Replace waiting for my Cold Warriors with scrap-booking, or basket weaving.  Woe is me.

Okay, I feel better now.

Oh, and if any manufacturer happens to make some 15mm figs in OG107s, with m16 or M14, and M1 helmets, I promise to share my winning lottery ticket with you.  Should I ever find one.  Just saying.

Participant

I can’t find a picture but would the Old Glory 15mm Vietnam range do? Of course they will be in 60s gear, M1 steel helmet but they should be OK I would think. Or Peter Pig’s Vietnam range. Khurasan’s Army Guys, in the SF range? They are straight out of 1950s SF films.

Participant

Also check with Flashpoint, 15mm Nam range might work.  the FoW dudes aren’t in the right gear?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Thanks for the suggestions.   I’m actually using some of those figs for my NATO cold warriors, but to be honest, they just don’t look right to me.   The combination of flak vests, thigh pockets on the jungles, and rolled sleeves spoil the illusion for me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.