Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy My Slaine Project

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I have dusted off my copy of Slaine that Samantha bought me for my birthday in 2022 and had a read and I have started basing the figures.

The rules initially put me off back in 2022 as there are chits and special dice and all that, but upon a thorough read and testing out the mechanics it may be ok.

Anyway, here are the first few.
    I have more models, but the bases that Warlord provide are a bit naff so I am using these, and this is all I have.

So I am ordering more and will  do more basing when they arrive.

Not being a big fan of anything over 10mm, so Slaine is an Achilles heel for me when it comes to painting, being 32mm.

Normally a 28mm takes me about 8 hours to paint but for Slaine which has goons/rank and file nobody bad guys I decided no more than a couple of hours per figure.

The hero characters I will spend proper time on, with careful painting, but for now, quick and easy inkwashed Skull Swords.

Next up, a hero of some sort.

Not based yet as my new mat has not arrived and I want to make sure the bases match it.

Participant

The’re great cannon fodder 🙂

Have you tried the ‘slap chop’ method at all? Stupid name (even its creator namer  agrees) but folk are getting nice results after a bit of practise and careful selection of paint…

I found a great match to my mat after trying lots of flock but it turns out to be a significantly different colour under the camera lens!!!

Keymaster

Thanks!

If Slap Chop is the zenithal highlight contrast paint method, then I am aware of it, but have no desire to try it.

😀

Cool beans, my mat arrived, all rolled up and not folded.

Now to start basing.
    I think given the muddy nature of the mat, I will not do my normal static grass but more mud/earth with some old school scatter and a few tufts and rocks. Right, off to do stuff now.

Participant

Nice work.

Have you also tried the Erin range from Alternative Armies for this?

Sand, not oil, in the gears of the world.

I have looked at it, but alas the Warlord Games stuff that comes with the game is OFC massive and not really compatible with normal 25/28mm stuff.

Shame as I have some Celtos from Brigade Models I wanted to use..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.