Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games General My Blog “Five Leagues In Glorantha”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve been having some fun playing “Five Leagues From The Borderlands” with a Glorantha/Runequest theme. So much fun, that I felt the urge to start blogging about it. I’ve only just started it, but I am having almost as much fun connecting the dice roll generated scenarios into a story as I am playing the game.

You can read my blog at https://five-leagues-in-glorantha.blogspot.com/?m=1

Please visit my OSR products for sale at
    www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/17194/Punkrabbitt-Publishing

Participant

Good to see you back in action!  I’m not familiar with the Runequest world but this is a great read, keep blogging dude.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

That´s quite interesting. TBH, I was never into Runequest and my first contact was King of Dragon Pass two years ago. Interesting, I will follow this.

"In strange grammar this one writes" - Master Yoda

Participant

…and a bit of a discussion about using the sister system “Five Parsecs From Home” for some Star Wars gaming:

https://five-leagues-in-glorantha.blogspot.com/2019/12/interlude-gangs-of-tatooine.html?m=1

I read the 5Parsecs star wars one and immediatly thought of The Mandalorian.

Participant

Probably about the same vibe. I have burned out on all the new Star Wars content and have happily retreated to the Original Trilogy and am ignoring most things post-1983.

Participant

Oops, I did it again. Another Sunday night of playing with myself. You can read all about Anasdiazi and the Raft fighting a vicious Manticore in it’s lair at https://five-leagues-in-glorantha.blogspot.com/2019/12/the-lair-of-manticore.html

Giant cat demon haunting the area. I like the tall figure with the face paint, I’ve never thought of adding face paint to minis.

Participant

Do you mean the flamingo? Those are his natural colors!

I’m lost!

Participant

I’m lost!

Do you mean the one on the right in this pic?

That’s a flamingo warrior. The one on the left is a duck, with a natural blue bill.

Yeah that’s the one I was talking about. I like the blank lines on the face.

Participant

Yeah that’s the one I was talking about. I like the blank lines on the face.

The lines are the natural coloration of a flamingo bill/beak/sharp mouth thing. Sometimes with a pink blush on the underside past the black, but I thought that would be fiddly in 28mm.

LOL
    WOW
    Let me explain. I’ve been seeing something very different. The black and while beak, I thought was a feather in the hair or hat. The pink part, I thought was the actual face, looking left instead of right.

Participant

LOL WOW Let me explain. I’ve been seeing something very different. The black and while beak, I thought was a feather in the hair or hat. The pink part, I thought was the actual face, looking left instead of right.

Damn. I gotta take closer pictures. I am glad we got it sorted.

I think it’s the way the eyes slant left down, makes it look like the face was facing left. The other side of the head also look humanoid.

Participant

Participant

It’s an optical illusion face and bill.

Participant

Once again, Anasdiazi’s Raft has taken to the wilderness to protect the village of Garakt, this time against raiders from the Lunar Empire.

You can read all about it on my blog at https://five-leagues-in-glorantha.blogspot.com/2020/01/the-lunar-empire-strikes.html

Participant

Anasdiazi’s Raft faces some Chaos Cultists at the coliseum! It’s another “Five Leagues In Glorantha” adeventure and you can read all about it at https://five-leagues-in-glorantha.blogspot.com/2020/01/chaos-cultists-at-coliseum.html

Participant

And the next outing for Anasdiazi’s Raft had no combat encounter, so it was a very quick and easy posting: https://five-leagues-in-glorantha.blogspot.com/2020/01/onward-to-oraskat.html There weren’t even any pictures to share!

Participant

Starfleet Grammas get their own blog post: https://five-leagues-in-glorantha.blogspot.com/2020/01/interlude-star-fleet-grammas.html?m=1 This includrs a discussion of rules as well.

I enjoyed reading the pre and pot battle stuff. Reading them back to back feels like a fantasy novel. I’m jealous at how powerful your party is, these last two battle looked easy. M party never did as well.

Participant

Love your colosseum!!!

Participant

Love your colosseum!!!

Thank you. It is a piece of aquarium deco I got at a thrift sore for $3 lol

Participant

Meet the Gamos Krayt Crew! The next installment of my Star Wars-themed side project “Gangs Of Tatooine” is up. Check it out at https://five-leagues-in-glorantha.blogspot.com/2020/01/interlude-meet-gamos-krayt-crew.html

Participant

3 bucks that is a steal!!!!

Participant

I enjoyed reading the pre and pot battle stuff. Reading them back to back feels like a fantasy novel. I’m jealous at how powerful your party is, these last two battle looked easy. M party never did as well.

Thank you, sir. That is high praise indeed. I have had some spectacularly good dice rolling at some points. And sometimes things go differently than planned. I had wanted Anasdiazi and Oasasya to be the powerful ones. That didn’t happen.

You may remember a phase of the X-Men comics back in the 1990s where it seemed to be “Wolverine and his sidekicks.” I am starting to feel that way here, with it being “Puddles and Mataw and their Groupies.”

Mataw turned out the way I expected Pariwan Keetslander to be. Puddles is a bit of an odd duck, being lethal with his bow but really just wants to go fishing.

I’m sure I had some direction when I started writing this. I blame the brain damage. It’s been 10 years and I am doing much better, but it still slows me down sometimes.

Participant

The Gamos Krayt Crew fight a rival gang for control of the Zeenat farmstead! read all about it at https://five-leagues-in-glorantha.blogspot.com/2020/01/interlude-showdown-at-zeenat-farmstead.html

Participant

Cool terrain.

Are you sure your gang wasn’t shooting at a wall of mirrors? Seems like each one got shot after they shot at and hit someone. I like the speeders, makes everything look instantly Star Wars.

Participant

Are you sure your gang wasn’t shooting at a wall of mirrors?

I literally thought the same thing o.0

Participant

More old lead with modern sensibility:
    https://five-leagues-in-glorantha.blogspot.com/2020/01/the-old-lead-project-female-cleric.html?m=1

Participant

Very cool, great to get old unpainted lead, painted and on the table. I found some 15mm Orcs I had painted 25 years ago and will be basing them tomorrow.

Very nice.

Participant

After arriving in Oraskat, Anasdiazi’s Raft serves some Deserters their just desserts. Read all about it at https://five-leagues-in-glorantha.blogspot.com/2020/02/lunar-deserters-get-their-just-desserts.html

Participant

Glad you got to use your paper buildings.

I agree, nice paper terrain. Did Oasasya and Quackmore do enough to advance? I have a feeling you might regret upping enemy difficulties.

Participant

I agree, nice paper terrain. Did Oasasya and Quackmore do enough to advance? I have a feeling you might regret upping enemy difficulties.

Oasasya levelled up, and she was able to choose a skill; I settled on Bartering. The Hired Guide was promoted from Follower to hero, but Quackmore did not level up. There might be some confusion because the Hired Guide is now known as Trackquack.

And I am reasonably sure that I would regret another easy, walk-through Encounter a lot more than a Total Party Kill at this point. After the village of Oraskat s cleared of Threat, I am going to set the Encounters to Warband instead of Adventurer difficulty.

Participant

I’m getting closer to starting a skirmish fantasy game of my own.  Conan goes to the Ancient Desert Kingdom of Ifat.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.