Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi New Leadhead PhD: Small Project done, Dark Angels

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Another small project done. This time a Dark Angels proxy combat patrol for XP Gaming and Cafe. Video and photos at

https://newleadheadphd.blogspot.com/2024/03/small-project-done-proxy-dark-angels.html

With Respect

Konstantinos Travlos, PhD

Participant

Works for me.  I just love beaky helmets, mostly for the nostalgia but also because they are so much less cliche than all of the other “horrific” type helms that predominate 40k.  (even the short nosed SM helms that the other figures in your squad have that quasi-skull look to them, just boooooring… YMMV of course!)

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

I cannot accept the “my minis are obsolete” logic. You can always use them. Good basin can help, and smart substitution

I.e old chaos terminators are awesome havocs.  Old obliterators can work as terminators etc.

Participant

I’m with you.  I don’t play tournies so I have no issue using my old 1st and 2nd edition figures to keep playing the new rules (if I were) or more likely whatever other game I like.  I’ve watched friends sell of whole armies so they can buy the latest greatest version for tournies.  One dude is on his 4th (!!!!) Iron Warriors army iteration just so he can “stay current”.  Bonkers!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.