Home Forums Modern PSC Samples for Battlegroup NorthAG

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Some pics of the test samples they sent me… only had time to build a couple. So these are very much as they came out of the first try with the moulds. I know with the Siocast system it takes a few tests to get the pressure right.

Really like this material for gaming vehicles… no more chipped tanks or bent and broken barrels!

Participant

I think it would be better to leave off optional stowage boxes, and include them as separate pieces, rather than force the modeller who doesn’t want them to carve them off. The CVR(T) family especially have grown a multitude of boxes, bins and baggage over their long service career. I especially don’t like the idea of the stowage baskets on the Chieftain’s turret sides being cast as integral solid lumps.

Similarly, it seems to me it would be better to have the Stillbrew pack as a separate piece. Indeed, modern armouring habits — especially among the Russians — mean it would probably be sensible to create masters for the bare hulls/turrets of vehicles, then provide a variety of additional bits for ERA boxes, bar armour, and appliqué packs. One might also hope for different patterns of smoke dischargers, dozer blades, mine ploughs, and all the other bolt-on embuggerances modern AFVs are subject to.

All the best,

John.

Participant

I’m not sure all those separate parts would be viable in 10mm to be honest.

Would not appeal to me. Cant imagine sticking on 10mm smoke dischargers would be fun at all.

The Chieftain has two options, Stillbrew and not.

Participant

Yeah, well, from the piccies I assumed these were 15mm.

What scale do PSC consider 10mm to be? If it’s OOO (1/152nd) then the linear dimensions of the parts would be exactly half those of the old Airfix 1/76th stuff. Too fiddly for smoke dischargers, perhaps, but I think perfectly reasonable for anyone other than Mr. Fattythumb Blobmaster for armour packs and dozer blades.

All the best,

John.

Participant

I looked at the technology of the process. What a game changer. Google the product name and check out their web site. Talk about coming into the 21st century. If the claims are true, and it looks pretty good, this will be a major upgrade for potentially a lot of small to mid size manufacturers in our hobby.

Participant

The CVR(T) does look more 90s, although there were still a few in the 90s with the headlights in the lower position and in this scale who cares! As for the Chieftain, it would be too fiddly to populate the turret baskets with sleeping bags, yellow handbags, cam nets, hessian etc, so just cover it with some tarp as per the model!

Participant

Is this the same material as the “Bones” stuff that Reaper uses?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

These look good. Even more impressive that they’re plastic, it’s giving me high hopes for 10mm.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.