Home Forums General General Trouble with Paypal

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I use Paypal pretty regularly for my hobby purchases. Twice now I’ve had them hold my payments for investigation. One was finally allowed and the other was cancelled. Both purchases were from different companies but in both cases I bought Achaemenid Persian minis. Googling found other people complaining about non-miniature items with Persian in the name being investigated.

I was wondering if anyone has had something similar happen to them or if it was just a coincidence?

Paypal can occasionally freeze payments due to certain trigger words being detected for offensive items, locations or whowever the current politcal enemy is  – I had a list of them once but I can try and find them deep in the bowels of my PC.

I highly suspect the issue is the word “Persian” mixed in with whatever packs you purchased.

Participant

That’s a bit of a nuisance. I’m going to have to pay more attention to payment options in future rather than defaulting to Paypal.

Keymaster

I was wondering if anyone has had something similar happen to them or if it was just a coincidence?

I have heard of something similar.

Can’t recall what but it was a product description that was the issue there too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.