Home Forums General General What Happened to Quality Casting 15mm Miniatures?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

To the wise Magi of TWW:

Does anyone know what happened to the Quality Castings ranges of WWII and Modern vehicles and infantry that used to be available from Old Glory 15s? The server no longer seems to be in service as an error message comes up. Any information would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance. I really liked the range and would be truely bummed out if it has been discontinued.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Might just be a server issue. I’m sure someone would have noticed if they ceased production and commented on it. Why not contact Old Glory directly.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Participant

Whole site https://www.oldglory15s.com reports a 503 (no server to handle the requests basically).

There was a server error recorded on the 8th June on the Wayback Machine but a quick hunt shows this link to give you some info:

https://web.archive.org/web/20230602144550/https://www.oldglory15s.com/Quality-Castings-15mm_c8.htm

The ‘contact us’ link on the archive does not seem to change page but there is a mail address of [email protected] at the bottom of the page that could be active.

Participant

My understanding is that they are having trouble with the people who manage their web site, and that they expected to be back up on 7-24.   I am told that they can e-mail a pdf catolog to you, and are taking e-mail and phone orders until they are back up online.

Participant

Thank you gents. I followed Irishserb’s sage advice and spoke to Steve (the boss) at 19th Century Miniatures/Old Glory 15s. They are facing recurrent delays from their website support company as they are trying to upgrade their webpage. It’s been delay after delay by the firm doing the upgrade, with no definitive completion date in sight for the next few weeks. But then they will be back. Until then anyone wishing to place an order can call them at (616) 935-7949 to get a PDF catalogue by e-mail and can then call in by phone or e-mail them an order. Hopefully their website provider will have this mess sorted out soon.

Happily my beloved Quality Castings models are still available and I will place an order by next week for more early war Soviet tanks and mid-war German panzers. I am so happy another company which I have done business with for decades hasn’t fallen by the wayside.

Cheers to all and good gaming.

Rod Robertson

Participant

I had thought that QC had vanished eons ago.  I had some of their Vietnam line that was fantastic but as I couldn’t get any more I had to sell them off and start fresh.

I’m guessing that Old Glory only carries the WW2 QC line?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Darkest Star Games:

QC has been around for years, has remained in business under various owners and was bought out first by Battle Honours and then Old Glory 15s/19th Century Miniatures. Their whole line of WWII and Post-WWII remains available AFAIK. As to Vietnam Era stuff, as the website is down and as I have not yet received the e-mail with the PDF catalogue at this time, I cannot give you better information.

if you click on the link above provided by Andrew B. you’ll be able to pursue the catalogue as it was before the website malfunction. That might answer your question about Vietnam Era kit.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Holy smokes, they do have them!  Thanks guys, I’ll pass this along to someone who is jonesing for those minis, and hopefully the site will up again soon.

EDIT: was just informed it was a 20mm range made by a different Quality Cast company they are in search of.  That company is indeed defunct.  🙁

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.